Chapter 6.2

The portal opened into a red landscape, with giant fang-like spikes sticking up from the ground. "I don't feel so good." Gar groaned. The group waited as Y/n jumped from the portal, followed shortly by Rachel. "The crystal can only be touched by me. He may have escaped it but he can't destroy it." Rachel explained. "I just hope he left a trail of breadcrumbs." Jaime added as Rachel began walking, Y/n quickly following before the others fell in line.

They walked through the path until they stopped before a clearing. Rock platforms floated, small bridges between them. And in the middle, was a large rectangular structure, with a glowing light at the center. "Home, sweet home." Rachel commented. "Can't you just transport us inside?" Y/n questioned. "No, it's shielded." Rachel said, walking forward again.

On earth, Trigon walked, the smoke that was left from the fire turning into his white hair. Diana threw a boulder into the back of his head, and Superman flew at him. His speed broke the sound barrier as he put all his strength into a blow into Trigon's stomach. He stumbled back, but quickly regained his footing. "Maybe this will slow you down." Clark said, activating his heat vision.

Rachel ascended the stairs leading to the temple, Y/n next to her. She grabbed her head, placing her other hand on Y/n's shoulder. Hundreds of creatures erupted from the temple, they were almost like snakes, but larger and angrier. Starfire and Raven readied their magic, as Nightwing drew his escrima sticks, blades erupting from their sides. Gar collapsed behind them, Kory running to his aid. "Garfield!" Green wings sprouted from his back, knocking over Jaime. "Dude, what the hell?" He asked.

Y/n looked at Rachel, her four red eyes glowing from beneath her hood as she could barely hold her fists up. Y/n took action as the monsters approached. He sliced at one, cutting it in half. More approached as Rachel launched her own attacks, too. Jaime and Cyborg fought. Kory was tending to Gar, but she was taken into the mouth of one of the beasts. She broke free, blasting it apart as she flew back down.

Gar looked in terrible shape as weird mutations formed from his back, Jaime watching. He morphed into a weird green blob, as Jaime dodged one of the approaching creatures. He fought them off easily. Kory took to the air, using her magic to combat the many monsters. She landed on the bridge as one of the creatures coiled around Jaime. He was stuck as another flew at him, mouth open wide ready for a snack.

A green hand grabbed the monster. It was Gar, who looked like a giant werewolf thing. He ripped the monster appart, and pulled the other one off of jaime. He fought them off as Jaime recovered. "Gar, you still with us?" Jaime questioned as Gar threw one off the bridge into the presumable lava over the edge. Gar held up his pinkies and thumbs, shaking his hands at Jaime with a smile.

Superman and Diana continued to fight Trigon, but to no avail. Until Diana slammed a boulder in his face, as Barry ran up Trigon's body. He laid a super-sonic uppercut into Trigon's jaw, causing him to stumble and lean back far enough for Barry to stand on his collarbone. Trigon's posture straightened as Barry fell. Superman and Diana went to catch him, just as Trigon stepped forward right where Barry would have landed too weak to move. They watched Trigon advance. "If we cannot stop this creature-" Diana said as Clark cut her off. "I know."

The Titans remained relentless in their fight. Y/n's bladed escrima sticks cut into the jaw of one of the creatures approaching him, cutting it in half as Rachel stood next to him. They were at the bottom of the stairs leading into the temple. Another creature came up from behind and bit into Nightwing, flying away with him. Raven blasted at it, causing Y/n to fall over the edge. He raised his right escrima stick as a grappling line shot into the bridge.

He launched over the side into the air, slicing down on the monsters that attacked Jaime and Cyborg. He ran towards Rachel, as Gar in his new bug like form followed with Jaime, Victor, and Kory. They stopped in front of the temple stairs. "Welcome home, sister." The emissaries were crouched on the pillars lining the path. They jumped down to face the Titans, who readied their stances. "It's the freakshow again." Jaime warned.