Chapter 6.0

Y/n pushed the door open to Barbara's apartment. Glass was shattered, left all over the floor. And Barbara lie on the remnants of her table. She was completely naked, her clothes scattered around the floor as blood poured from a gunshot that ripped through her stomach. "God…" Y/n stepped back in the hallway, leaning against the door frame for support. The sight made him sick, so much so he vomited on the floor.

    Y/n stood back up, regaining his composure as he walked forward shakily. He kneeled down next to Barbara, tears pushing through his eyes. "Barbara?" He placed his hands on her shoulder, adjusting his eye line so he didn't have to look at her exposed body, let alone the hole in her stomach. "Barbara, wake up." She suddenly gasped, causing the boy to fall back. "Help me…" She groaned weakly.

    Y/n fumbled for his phone, retrieving it from his pockets. He dropped it, quickly picking it back up. "Hello, my friend was shot. We're at Gotham Clocktower. Please hurry." Y/n said. He placed his arms under her legs, and behind her back so he could pick her up. She was heavy, the muscle she built up as Batgirl weighing her down. Y/n slowly lifted her into his arms, and he took off as fast as he could to the elevator.

    Y/n held her in his arms, using all his strength to hold her up, her blood coating his hands making his grip slick. Tears threatened to push through his eyes, but he had to stay strong for her. The door opened and he ran. "Come on, come on." He whimpered, pushing himself more and more, faster and faster.

    Y/n made it outside, using his back to open the push doors. The ambulance just arrived. Two EMTs ran towards the building with a cart, stopping in their tracks when they saw the sight. A mere boy, twelve years in age, holding the naked body of a redheaded woman, her blood pouring onto him. Y/n ran to them, placing Barbara on the cart, the EMTs snapping out of it and doing their jobs.

    The doctors began to work on the wound while Y/n sat by Barbara's head. He grabbed two towels to cover her. Barbara stirred awake. "Hello?" "I'm here, Barbara. It's Y/n. You're safe, you're okay." Y/n echoed, Barbara fading away again.

    When they arrived at the hospital, Barbara Gordon lay on a gurney as nurses ran through the ER with her. Y/n Wayne ran along. "Hello?" Barbara asked, reaching her hand out. "It's gonna be okay, Barbara. The doctors are gonna patch you up, you're gonna be fine." Y/n stuttered, a nurse put her hand on his shoulder. "We need you to stay here." She said, taking Barbara away as Y/n was left to watch.

    He stood in a corner in the waiting room, his clothes and hands stained with her dried blood. He had tear streaks running down his face, but he wasn't crying. His body was completely still, he wore an emotionless face, too. "Y/n." He looked up to see his mom, Cass, and Jason walking over. Selina wrapped him in a hug, tears of her own falling into his shoulder. Y/n remained still, quietly mumbling, "I'm sorry."

    Selina pulled back, cupping her son's dirty face, looking into the green eyes she shared with him. "You have nothing to be sorry about. You did everything you could." Selina said, Y/n looked past her to see Cass looking at him sadly. But Jason barely had a reaction, he'd buried the emotions down already. All but the anger that made him clench his jaw. "Barbara Gordon?" A doctor asked. Y/n broke free from his mother's embrace and approached the man.

    The Doctor scanned Y/n's body, the blood on it. "How is she?" Y/n asked. "Is her father here?" "No, I couldn't get into contact. Can you tell me?" Y/n asked, "Please." "She's alive. We were able to remove the bullet, but her spine was severely damaged. She'll never be able to walk again." Selina burst out in another sob, walking to Cass, who hugged her. Y/n closed his eyes, trying his best to keep together. "The bullet tore through her uterus. Having kids is no longer a possibility for Ms. Gordon." The doctor explained.