5. Two-way

"Akki, you can't do this to me!!" Shivina screamed. She was talking on phone with Akshay.

"Shivi, just listen what I'm saying. Maine sabse pehele tumhe bataya.." he said.

"No!! I'll tell Ram Bhai. He'll talk to you"

"Puri meri baat toh suno.."

She disconnected the call, slammed the door and rushed out of her room.

****

Ram was asleep. He slept in the middle of the bed on his side with his legs curled up just like a baby who needs to be guarded.

It was still 6.30 in the morning. He would not wake up at least before 9, except for the days when he had important meetings scheduled.

Shivina barged into his room. Anyone could. The doors to his room were hardly locked. It is always left open to welcome anyone and everyone.

She called him, patted him violently. This broke his sleep. He rubbed his eyes and looked around. It was a surprise to have someone, this early. They rarely visited him or his room. He doesn't remember anyone coming to his room without any work. Just visitng him. Sitting, chit-chatting and chilling there for a while with him. Like they did in Nandini's or Shubu's room.

It took a minute for him to actually wake up and gasp the situation. He then pacified Shivina and asked her what happened.

"Bhai, Akki doesn't want to marry me."

He lost his nerve. Akshay refused to marrying Shivina. Was it because Priya refuse to marry him?

"Shivi, calm down. Calm down, bacche." He made her sit and offered a glass of water. "Ab bata bacche, kya hua? What did Akshay say?"

Shivina sipped some water. She handed him the glass back. Catching some breath she said, "Bhai, Akki said he can't marry me. He got some role so he can't marry."

Out of worry he reached to his pills.  As she began to cry again, he hugged her to give assurance.

She rested on his chested and started crying harder, "Bhai you promised you'll get us married. Why is he behaving like this?"

Again he tried to pacify her and said, "Shivi, there must be some miscommunication. I don't think he would refuse to marry you for a role. Even if it's a big opportunity for him he is not the kind of boy who would cancel his marriage for some role. Puri baat bata what did he say?"

"Bhai, he said he got some role and cannot marry me now. He wants to postpone the wedding."

Finally, Ram sighed in relief. It was worrying but not as terrible as he thought it to be.

"Okay. How much time he wants?" he asked.

"Bhai," Shivina cried withdrawing herself. "You too. You are with him on this. I thought you'd understand me. And you.."

"Ssshhh, Shant ho jaa, bacche. I'm here and you will marry Akshay. It's my promise. But for that you will have to stop crying and tell me everything properly. We will discuss with him. Besides he didn't refuse to marry you. All he wants is some time. Jo hume dena hoga," he consoled her.

"Pyaar aur zimmedari ke beech mein chunna asaan nahi hota," he added, lost  but immediately got hold on himself and said, "It must be something else. Tell me what exactly he said."

"Bhai, I don't know anything. I got angry so I disconnected the call. We are meeting in bakery in sometime," she replied.

"Okay. I'll come with you. We will discuss. Don't worry."