15. Aye zindagi gale lagale

Sandy dropped the shoe which she was about to wear when she saw Priya getting out of her room in Peach colored suit, the dress she wore on Akshay & Shivina's Roka ceremony.

Priya went to the TV cabinet to get the house keys.

Hurriedly, she picked up the shoe - while the other one on her right foot, and darted towards the TV cabinet. "Diii," she grumbled, "Bola tha shopping chalo." She chided her for repeating a dress.

"Toh? What's wrong with it?" She pushed the drawer. "Buying dress for every event is so unnecessary. I can't waste money." She threw her purse over her shoulder and flounced out.

Priya waited for her at the door while she sat on the sofa to wear the shoe.

While tying the shoe lace she said, "Di, kapde repeat karne mein problem nahi hain. Par not at same place, among same people and definitely not in such short time period." She got up and stood at the door, "Aap jau aur fatafat change karo. I'll wait."

"Stop overreacting." She pulled her out and locked the door. "Neeche Akki aur Shivina wait kar rahe hain. Cab is on the way." She tugged the lock. "If not for Shivina's tenacious requests, I wouldn't agree for this New Year's party," she continued to ranted as they were descending stairs.

Priya's stomach dropped to her toe when she entered Kapoor Mansion. Firstly, she was not a party person. On top of it, celebrations at Kapoors were too grand for her to handle. Being surrounded by elite people, the talks with posh accents, over the top arrangements and to add to this Sandy's words flashed across her mind. In short, everything made her bundle of nerves.

Events at Akshay's wedding were better as she was accompanied by her enitre family and with some known relatives around. Today, everyone in the room was stranger. In spite of all this, she tried to be confident.

Shivina dragged Akshay inside while he resisted, "What about Di?"

She glanced at Priya and stopped.

"Akki, I'll be fine." She motioned towards Sandy, who was busy scanning the area and making plans for the night. "Tum jao and Enjoy," she smiled.

Shivina spotted Ram clicking pictures with his friends. She jumped in front of the camera to photobomb the image. "Not fair Bhai. Mere Bina akele akele," she teased.

"Tu kab aayi?" He hugged her and then, Akshay.

"Bhai, let's take picture. I've to post it." She handed her phone to Brinda. "Issi bahane, we'll find a date for my hot brother and Bri won't have to lose a friend when she sets you up with someone," she muttered and winked at Brinda.

"Kuch bhi—" he tried to defend.

"Oh please.. I know your," she cleared her throat to mimic, "It's just a dinner."

Brinda and his friends giggled while Ram's face turned red. "Shivi!" His voice weakened, "Bohot badmaash ho rahi hain tu. Akki sambhal isse."

Akki smiled seeing the duo and secretly prayed for them.

After clicking some photos, he enquired, "Baki gharwale nahi aaye?"

"Nahi. Meera Bua went to Indore, Maa aur Papa ke saath. Aur Sara Di bhi busy the. Par Sandy aur Pri Di aaye hain," she pointed vaguely somewhere.

His eyes twinkled upon hearing this.

"Accha Bhai, we'll go and meet Mom and Shubu. Varna she'll get upset." She gave him side hug and left with Akshay.

"Main bhi aata hoon," Ram said to his friends and rushed off.

Unlike everytime, Brinda said nothing. Nor she followed him. Instead, she grinned cause she exactly knew where he was going.