18. Yeh Mann Atak Gaya Hain

She slammed the door behind her. Again, Priya?? She chided herself. Time par dhyaan kyun nahi diya Priya? You were suppose to distract him, film nahi dekhni thi unke saath. She sat on bed and clenched the edge. Sab kya sochenge? Mr Kapoor kya sochenge?

****

Priya's alarm clock woke her at early Sunday morning. She turned off the alarm and checked on Sandy and Shivi if the sound disturbed their sleep.

Last night, she spent overthinking about her behavior. Deliberately, she woke up early to go to the Bakery before anyone awakes.

She got ready, took her bag, and went out of the room when Meera cleared her throat as she was praying, signaling her to stop.

Few minutes later, she walked to her and offered prasad, "Where are you going?"

"Bakery."

"Itni subh?"

"From tomorrow Sara Di's friend is joining us. Need to check few things. Don't worry. I'll be back soon," she answered.

"Okay. Have breakfast," she headed to the kitchen, "Shivina told me that Ram loves paratha. The dough is ready, I will quickly roll one for you. Baith jaa."

Ram. The only person and his thoughts she wanted to avoid. The sole reason to leave the house early. "Nahi Maa. I'll have something in the Bakery," she rushed out.

Ram woke up to a bright morning. He slept well last night, not only due to the AC in Shivina's room but dining and staying with everyone made him really happy.

And the icing on the cake, Priya watching MPK.

Whatever everyone claimed and her actions were totally different. Wajah chahe jo bhi ho, important yeh hain ki usne meri favorite movie dekhi. Haan, poori nahi.. par jitni bhi ho, usne dekhi. He smiled to himself and ran hand through his hair. Agar Sandy kuch bolti nahi toh shayad woh poori film dekhti, aur review, nahi, badi report likh deti – 100 reasons to not watch MPK. He laughed.

He freshened up while Akshay was still asleep. He got ready and went to the living room.

"Good Morning Aunty," he greeted Meera.

"Good Morning Bacche!" she smiled, "Did you sleep well last night?"

He nodded his head. She asked him to have breakfast. He sat and scanned around the room, "I guess everyone is still asleep."

"Yeah." She was rolling paratha. "They were up all night cause it's Sunday. Even you should have slept for some more time."

"Thanks Aunty, but I'm late already. I would have left, if not stopped by the aroma of this delicious paratha," he said.

She served him a paratha and they exchanged a smile.

He started to eat and she continued to make more while they chatted with each other.

****

It was afternoon, when Priya got home. She heard faint voices from doorway, Sara and Meera talking about her.

"...notice toh maine bhi kiya hain. She has changed a lot. Choti-choti baaton par gussa nahi hoti, jada gussa nahi hoti, tension mein nahi rehti, baat karti hain, hasti hain. To me, she feels like my old Priya. In fact, happier than ever."

"Maa, I have something more but promise me, you won't tell this to anyone. And you are not going to build castles in the air."

"No, I won't. Bata."