29. Aahista Aahista

*adding song due to multiple Aahistas though I'm sure bade fans need no clarification.

-----------------

Conflicting and convincing his rational self, Ram pressed the door bell of Sood house. As if on cue (or coincidence), Priya opened the door.

"Mr... Mr. Kapoor," she stuttered, her eyes widened in surprise. Or shock.

Nevermind, he mused and forced a gentle smile hiding his emotions at sight of her — her hair tied into a pony as usual; loose tresses falling on her face itching his fingers as usual.

She took a minute before bombarding him with questions. "Aap? Yaha? Aise achanak? Are you okay? I mean what brings, you here?"

"You," left his mouth even before he knew it.

Priya couldn't speak.

Her pulse quickened just like the time he had held her hand in the car. Or their fleeting proximity as leaned forward to grab the flowers on Valentine's day. The mere recollection increased the pounding of her heart.

"You. You, Shivi," he screamed and put full stop on her reverie. Before she could bring herself to react he had rushed to Shivina who had stepped out of her room.

"Why won't you answer my calls?" he shouted, stuttering.

"I didn't receive any call," Shivina claimed, followed by some typing on her phone later showing it to him. "See, no missed calls."

He started at the screen briefly before turning to them alternatively then explained, "exactly... the... the call was not reachable. I was trying for so long.. I got worried."

His sister eyed him suspiciously. And so did Priya. Even if he couldn't connect to his sister he could have called anyone of them. He had done it earlier. Doubtful, Shivina turned to her brother when Meera interrupted them, "Ram! When did you come?"

He greeted her by joining his hands and immediately they got busy chatting discussing about the seasonal food items she'd be preparing this summer.

Priya sighed and went back into the kitchen. It was practically impossible to stop the duo or interrogate him. Honestly she was relieved to have Meera and Shivina around, thus saved from interacting with him one on one as she was struggling to deal with her emotions around him.

"Now that you're here, have dinner with us," Meera offered.

Priya glanced up at them immediately, her heart thumping. Thank God he sat on the single sofa that he face the opposite side and didn't see her reaction.

The thought of having dinner with Priya made him giddy. Yet he also feared this excitement along with yearning to see her for past three days will make him blurt out most stupid things or act insane in front of her. To act cautiously controlling his excitement was not his strongest suit. Recalling the blunder he made on arrival, Ram made decision to leave.

"That's very sweet of you, Aunty, but I, I really can't. I'm sorry. I just dropped by to check on her," he motioned towards his sister. "We hadn't talked in a while, thanks to the job she forgot she had a brother."

Shivina's suspicious gaze intensified. Taking stocks she sat on the armrest of his couch and intervened, "Bhai, Bua is right. You should join us for dinner. Please stay. Khaana khayenge, baatein karenge... I'll make up to you for not spending enough time." She watched him with puppy dog eyes. Realising her gaze didn't melt him, she got up, "you are staying. That's an order."