14. Just talk

Him: Hey
Him: Can we meet?
Him: Now

Her: Okay

He had a meeting at client location, so he asked her to meet him at his usual cafe nearby.

His worry didn't allow him to concentrate in the discussion. He had his stress pills but nothing seemed to work. The thoughts wouldn't stop. Aditya, on his instance, wasn't accompanying him for the meeting since he had to meet her.

At last he got up from the chair. He informed the clients that he is not well and can't focus, and it would be helpful if they mail the presentation and he'd soon get back. It wasn't difficult to convince them due to his lack of attention in the entire discussion. And he left.

He reached the cafe way too early then they agreed to meet, cause he left the meeting in half. He was sitting in the outdoor area of the cafe, under the green awning shed. The cafe was surrounded with lot of plants and trees around the compound.

Restlessly, he continued to check his watch frequently and waited for it to show 5. He ordered coffee, again. He had had a coffee, but the anxiety couldn't let him sit quiet and wait and do nothing. Waiting each second felt like watching an ad, only to press the skip button. The only way to worry less was to eat. He found himself in a dilemma, whether to eat or not without her. Lastly, he planned to order something and eat it real quick, and order again with her.

She saw him, waiting at a table for two, in the corner. When he saw her approaching, he was relieved and anxious at the same time. Relieved because she was here and anxious because he ordered in her absence. He stuffed the remaining croissant, hurriedly.

She pulled the chair to sit when he apologized, "Sorry.. I was.." his voice unclear, still munching the croissant. He gulped water. He started explaining, "I reached early, issiliye bas.. some coffee aur croissant", he noticed her seeing the plates on the table, "and toast.. caramel—"

"It's alright, Mr. Kapoor." She kept down her bag, "You're stressed. Aur stress mein toh jada khaate hain, haina?" she said with a soft smile on her face, in an attempt to calm him. She knew Shivina means world to him and any problem related to her would make his blood run cold.

He managed to smiled a bit.

"Meri baat hui Shivina se—"

"Pehle kuch order karte hain. Tum institute se aa rahi ho, you must be tired," he called the waiter, "Kya le?"

"Coffee," she told him. He ordered two coffees.

"Wait. You had too much of coffee," she intervened, concerned.

He shrugged his shoulders, "Toh kya le?"

"Koi bhi fresh fruit juice." She glanced at him to confirm, only to see his face dropped.

"At least shake?" he whispered to her, requesting.

She ordered shake.

"I don't think Shivina galat hain. Shaadi hote hi Akki shoot par chala gaya. Now gym and theater both, but you don't worry. Main Akki se baat karti hoon"

"Honestly, I don't think Akki is at fault. Completely," he inserted.

"Aap mile usse?"

He nodded.

"Maine use office bulaya tha. Baat ki humne," he continued. "It is not even easy for him. Managing practice and shows at Theatre; gym mein alternate shifts. Par yeh sab Shivi ke liye hi haina."

"But neither is Shivina at fault," she countered him. "It's not wrong if she expects him to spend some time with her. Afterall, nayi shaadi hui hain."

"I understand. Par tumhi ne kaha tha na, things work both ways. Bas wahi kar raha hain woh. Use kaise lagta hoga to see Shivi struggle, adjust with him, for him everyday. It must be killing. Priya, when you love someone you want best for them."