16. His World

Hi All,
        I started writing right away after the last update, but the chapter went long, like reallyyy longgg that I had to break it down into smaller chapters. Therefore, it took so long to publish.
Thank you for waiting patiently. Hope you enjoy it.

        Happy reading!!

--------------------

Ram hung up the call and told Adi to cancel all his meetings while closing all the files.

"Why? Is everything alright?" Aditya asked, biting his bottom lip.

"Heading to Shivi's house. She called me," he answered. He told him that she invited him, their family, for dinner. "Uski pehli Rasoi, real first Rasoi. She'll cook. Can you imagine?" He facepalmed, amused, "Shivi apne haatho se kaha bana rahi hain!"

Adi smiled at Ram's excitement.

He took photoframe on the table, "Dad, Shivi aur Khaana," he said and caressed the picture, imagining Virendra's reaction about this.

He remembered, few months ago, Shivina video called him on her First Rasoi, actual first Rasoi. Then, she didn't know how to cook or turn on the gas stove. For sake of tradition, Meera asked her to make whatever she can. She made Maggi – half cooked and Coffee – something sweet. Ram applauded for her efforts, while she took the challenge to learn and cook proper food someday.

The day is here. Her Real First Rasoi.

"...pehli baar hain so I'm making Aloo Puri. Easy hain na..." he recalled their phone conversation and smiled to himself.

Adi snapped at him. "Ram, you're invited to dinner. Char ghante hain. Sabra rakh," he showed his wristwatch to him.

"I know. But what if she needs any help?"

"Haan! Aur tu toh chef hain, hain na?" Adi smirked. "Years passed since you lit the gas stove." Ram made efforts to explain why he must go early but in the end, Adi managed to convince him otherwise.

He averted his gaze and grumbled, "Fine."

On his way to her house, he listened to his favorite songs. He arrived at her building and parked his car. He sprinted towards her flat, taking two steps at a time. His excitement was at it's peak that he didn't complain even after stumbling upon the shoe rack at the beauty salon on their floor.

Shivina was frying puris but had one eye on the door. She was eagerly waiting to see her family. The moment she heard the door bell, she handled the Turner to Priya and rushed to open the door.

"Bhai!!" she hugged him tightly. Then, she went in the doorway and peeped down. "Shubu and Mom are coming, aren't they?" she asked, her voice cracked a little on not finding them.

Nandini was never in favour of Shivina's decision to marry Akshay. She didn't openly express but she despised their marriage even more as Shivina began to adapt according to his lifestyle and staying with Soods, despite them–Shubham and her, offering the couple an apartment. Thereafter, she remained least bothered about anything related to her. Neither she wished to come nor Ram forced her.

"Mom is not well," he found it difficult to meet her longing eyes, "Shubu had important meeting so.." he stuttered. Shivina checked into her wristwatch. "Foreign clients hain.." he lied.

Shivina construed his words and reasons as refutation from them and went inside.

He followed her.

She busied herself into kitchen while he greeted everyone.