13. 5-6 days a week

"What is the point of setting up the business for Shubham, if you had to attend the meetings and work on his behalf?" Adi said, frustrated.

"He—"

"Don't!" He glared at Ram.

Ram stopped speaking and looked down.

"Look around, Ram." He turned in the direction of window, looking out at the empty corridors with dim lights. "Everyone left. There's no one except you"

"And you," he said with a penitent smile, trying to mend his anger.

Adi looked away in seconds. He knew there was no way he could scold him with that remorseful face. He drank some water, "Shubham should be working here instead of you. Tera kaam sambhalna chod, woh apna kaam tujhse karwa raha hain. Yeh galat hain Ram," he continued to talk while Ram didn't protest.

He knew his well-being, health, his family's behavior bothered Adi. But he could hardly do anything to make things better. He had no choice but look after his family irrespective of their behavior. Shivina was happily married. Nandini seemed to be content. He promised to settle down Shubham so he had to setup the business. Now it was upto him to work seriously and make most of it or not.

"Ab chal," Adi said. They got out of the complex. While leaving he said, "Ghar jaa, khana khaa, take medicines aur shanti se sona." He pushed the car door.

Ram smiled back at him faintly.

He watched the trees going back. He asked his driver to turn on the Radio and rested his head on the seat. "Shanti se sona... yahi toh nahi aata," he mused.

Yesterday, he had gone home early. He had dinner with his Family. A dinner where Nandini asked about him, business, Shubham, and stuff. Then, all of them would talk with each other. He would scold Shubham on Nandini's instance or give assurance to her or agree to Mami's demands or sometimes just smile in acknowledgment, like you attend classes for the sake of attendance. Ram Kapoor, Yes Ma'am, sorry Mom. Ah! Makes no difference.

Perhaps a reason he went ahead with the meeting instead of going back to a house where he would have to pretend to be involved in a conversation of which he wasn't really part of. Unlike a day before, when he went to the Bakery and talked with Priya, nothing major. Most of it unimportant. Yet he was involved, he was heard.

He checked his watch, it was around 7.15pm. He wondered if he could still make it to the Bakery cause by the time he reaches, chances are that the bakery would be closed. Yet he asked his Driver to the turn. It was a win-win situation. If nothing, he would still be able to pass some more time.

When he reached, the plate hanging on the door read 'Closed', but he could still see the lights. He went to the door and his eyes lit up on seeing her inside. He pulled the door open.

Priya was surprised to see him.

"Hi," he said and took some steps to towards her.

"Aap?" she asked, amazed.

"Had to buy some pastries."

"Oh," she nodded slightly.

"Can you write sorry on it?" he asked. "Sorry with 'ry' and not 'i'," he giggled and she couldn't resist but join him. He added, "Adi gussa hain.. Galti meri thi..."

Honestly he didn't have to do it. This was not the first time he yelled at him for being careless. But then he thought if a sorry pastry could cheer up Priya, he should definitely give it to Adi too.

We often take the people who matter for granted. Not because we don't care but because we are busy chasing rest of the world. Sometimes it's good to tell them that they matter. Make them feel important.