19. Dear Comrade

Vikrant pulled opened the door to Adi's cabin and walked in, followed by Kunal. "Why did you call us?"

"Need to talk to you guys. About Ram." Aditya answered in serious voice.

Biting his bottom lip, Kunal pulled a chairs.

Vik sat beside him, "Haan, yaar. He seemed to be down in the dumps. What's the matter?"

"Tarun called me last night. It was around 11 and he was still in office with Ram. Just two of them. It was getting late and Tarun was worried as he didn't hear from Ram in last one hour, so peeped into his office. He found him, sitting on his chair and sleeping on desk. He went in, called him but he didn't wake up. He didn't dare to go near him. Frightened, he called me."

Vikrant interrupted, "Adi, you sacred me. Ram working laye night is normal. So, he's tired. Makes sense."

"Puri baat toh sunn."

       Adi arrived to Ram's cabin, he saw all the mess. Pizza boxes lying on the desk. Wrappers of junk food around.
       He patted him, "Ram!! Ram!!"
       He didn't het up, so he shook him violently.
       Finally, He woke up.
       Tarun was relieved. He stood at the door.

       "Adi?" he rubbed his eyes and looked around. "Office?" He checked time in his watch. "Tu yaha? Itna late?"
       "Someday, I'm going to get an attack cause of you," he scolded him, "And what is this?" he pointed to the desk, "Doctor ne mana kiya hain na?"
       Ram rested his hands on the desk and was about to sleep, again.
       "Ram uth!!" he screamed and sprinkled some water, little more than some, on his face.
       He dragged him out of the chair.

       He was still sleepy. He held Adi and rested his head on his shoulder.
       They walked out of the office.
       "Why were you sleeping in the office?" Adi asked as they entered into the elevator.
       "I thought I'll work some more time, pata nahi kaise, I fell asleep," he replied in sleepy voice. "Anyways, what is the point to go home early? I don't have to wake up early, henceforth."

       They walked towards his car. He was still struggling holding him.
       "You started to build a good routine, healthy lifestyle. Phir yeh sab kyun?"
       "Cause people talk," he laughed, "De taali."
       He pulled the door open and went in the car. He doze off even before Adi got chance to speak more.
       Adi could not make sense out of anything and decided to drop him.

       When they got to his room, Adi asked. "Ram, kisine kuch kaha hain?"
       "Adi, I'm fine. Tu chinta mat kar. Bas neend aa rahi hain mujhe." He hugged him and gently, kissed on his cheek. "Everything is fine."
       He kicked his shoes and threw his blazer, "Tu chinta mat kar. Usne ne sahi kaha tha, Priya is going to realize how stupid this is and she is going to come back." He sat on his bed. "Par main bhi jaldi maanane wala nahi.." his voice faded, he lay down and instantly fell asleep.

Vikrant spoke, "Maybe it's not serious then. And you are overreacting."

"After weeks, he was binging on junk food. All of sudden."

"He loves to eat. Ya phir cheat day hoga."

"I know the difference between love for food and stress-eating."

"Usne kuch bataya?" Kunal interrupted their conversation.

Adi answered, "No. I asked him in the morning, but he didn't answer clearly. You guys know, baat khud ke baare mein ho toh woh aasani se batata nahi."