Chapter 11: prove it

CHAPTER 11: Prove it

*THIS CHAPTER IS INSPIRED BY THE DEAL BY ELLE KENNDY*
𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

*THIS CHAPTER IS INSPIRED BY THE DEAL BY ELLE KENNDY*𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

LEONIE WALDORF

For the last few hours at my internship, we work on the finishing touches of our sketches. All three of my dresses are drawn and ready to come to life.

Normally Amber would stop by me every five minutes to criticize my sketch. But this time her wrath lands on Tessa. Tessa shoots me a look every time Amber bitches about something she's done. But all I can do is offer a sympathetic smile.

It's sad.

Nobody can say anything because of the loads of money her dad gives this company. If anyone were to say anything Amber would run to good ole daddy then puff you've lost your internship and spot in the competition.

At three o'clock our boss calls an end to working. I let out a sigh of relief as I put my things into my bag.

"You never told me much about the party," Tessa says.

"It was really nothing" If you call me getting wasted and embarrassing myself doing karaoke nothing.

"Ian told me you did karaoke which  I know didn't end well because you can't stay on key to save your life"

I'm not that bad at singing.

I think...

"Hey I'm an amazing singer" I protest.

"Leonie, stick to fashion" she pats me on my shoulder. "Was there anyone interesting there?"

"Not really, just a bunch of guys from the team and some of our rival team"

"Like Nathaniel"

"Yeah, he was there why?" Tessa's face turns bright red. "Oh my gosh! You like him"

"What! No, I could never like him he's rude, arrogant, and a player"

Though I don't believe for a second Tessa doesn't have a thing for Nathaniel she's right. Nathaniel is one of the top hockey players. He's good on the ice but his reputation definitely doesn't match up. He's known to have an icy personality. Even his teammates are scared of him.

"You got that right. I heard when he was twelve he made all fifteen of his nanny's quit"

"That's true, I went to high school with him and I overheard someone asking if it was just a rumor he said no"

"Didn't picture you as the bad boy type"

"He's not my type" Tessa denies.

"Keep telling yourself that"

Tesss rolls her eyes.

When I step outside the building I'm startled to find Ian standing there. He's wearing his black jacket and greets me with a crooked smile that makes my pulse race.