Chapter 12: Mines

CHAPTER 12:Mines
𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

CHAPTER 12:Mines𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

LEONIE

Dealing with Ian may be the second hardest thing I've done in my life. Ian is a sarcastic self-abosbe asswhole. With one of the biggest fears a person can have.

The fear of failing.

Ian opening up to me was the strangest thing. There were no jokes or silly banter for the first time in our conversations. It was real.

I finally saw through him.

A bit.

The conversation quickly took a turn when I almost proved myself to be a good kisser.

𝐹𝑙𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑏ack

"I don't need to prove anything. I know I'm a good kisser"

"Kissing me shouldn't be a problem than"

"Oh trust me it would. It'll boost my ego and next thing I'm just like you, a cocky asswhole"

"It's great to see you view me in the brightest way"

"Only because your the best"

Our gaze locks and we stare at each other for ages. He wants me to back down, he's waiting for me to back down. But I'm not. If he thinks he'll ever kiss me again he's wrong.

Ian inches closer to me and our thighs start to touch.

He can't possibly want to kiss me right?

It's just one of his games.

Right?

I'm aware of the heat radiating between us and the curve on his mouth.

He's waiting for me to break.

But I'm not.

A knock on the door stops Ian from saying his next words. Caleb and Ivy pop through the frame but don't walk in afraid of interrupting something.

"Can We help you with something we're kinda busy here" Ian asks.

"Aw ian you always know how to greet your best friend in the best way." Caleb puts his hand over his heart.

"Ian's just an ass today don't mind him"

"Isn't he always" Ivy blurts out.

"We have a serious situation on our hands," Caleb says. "After we win our next game-"

"If you win" Ivy tries to correct him but he continues.

"I'm thinking we hit the bar and throw the littlest party ever" I definitely don't want to have a party. the last party I got hammered and the one before ending in me kissing Ian.