Trepidation (Izumi)

Everything was so quite now, no dull thumps of small explosions. I didn't realize how much I missed the sounds.

It was another day that I didn't go to school, mom didn't care, she never cares anymore. I couldn't go, couldn't face any of them after what happened.

I don't get much sleep anymore, I only see him in my dreams and I think that's starting to bleed into when I'm awake. From the corners of my eyes I see his broken body on the floor...his hand reaching out to me choking on his blood..

Crawling out of bed I looked at my phone and saw it was nearly six o'clock, I'd slept the day away again. Dad would be getting home soon, I'm not sure I can handle dinner again I can hardly look at him.

My body felt numb still, I slept for two hours maybe? It didn't matter.

"Mom?! Are you home?" I called out, slowly making my way down stairs I heard the sound of rustling from the living room.

I turned the corner to find mom sitting on the floor wrapped in a green blanket, a large smile on her face and a single tear running down her cheek.

"Oh No! Is there any hero to come save me!" Mom said her face still smiling but her eyes were desperate.

I could only cry as I watched..she repeated that same stupid! Sentence over and over! Expecting something to change!

"HES GONE!" I shouted, her face slowly turned to look at me "HES GONE MOM! IZUKUS NOT HERE! HES NEVER COMING BACK!" I screamed. I didn't mean to lash out at her but it just made me so mad! Watching her play pretend like that would make things better! I know that he's alive, but for how long! A month? A year?! What if he never wakes up! She had to face the facts! Izuku, he wasn't going to come back home...and that was my fault.

I watched more tears run down her face as she went catatonic, she didn't move just cried. It broke my heart watching my mom break down. If Izuku just took it! Like he always had! He woudlve been here! It's his fault that moms broken! If, if he was never born then non of this would've happened THEY WOULD BE HAPPY! Tears stung my eyes I couldn't breath, it felt like the world was closing in around me. All I could do was clutch my head to my knees and try to breath.

I woke up in the same spot about an hour later, the smell of cooking beef wafted from the kitchen. My body felt so stiff crying out in protest as I slowly stood. Why was I being so weak? So pathetic! He was alive! So why did I care so much! Why was I acting like such a Deku!

During my mental self depreciation I heard a car door slam and knew it was dad getting home from the hospital. I panicked when I heard the side door open, thinking quickly I ran to the closest door and hid behind it.

"Hey Ink how was your day today?" I could hear dads muffled voice through the door, I tried ti steady my shaking breathes. Turning to lean against the door I slowly slid down it and ran my hands through my hair. I chuckled at how pathetic I was being, I was acting like Izuku!

When I took in a deep breath my nostrils were invaded by the smell of metal, oil and gas, I fumbled through the dark looking for the light switch. When the lights turned out I had to shield my eyes from the brightness. When I looked back I finally saw where I was, the garage, Izuku's second bedroom.

I'd hardly ever gone in here after dad turned it into a workshop for him and Izuku, I was floored by what I saw. Half finished and completed machines sat cluttered everywhere, blue prints hung on the walls. This was almost like a museum to Izuku....his white bored was covered in drawings and notes, I could hardly understand any of it. I could only smile when I looked at the ideas for hero support items, he even rambled in his notes...

I could feel the pathetic tears run down my face, he had a picture on his desk. One of the last their family took together...we all looked happy.

I couldn't stay in here any longer my heart started to hurt and breathing got hard I clutched the frame to my chest and retreated from the museum. As I tried to close the door I froze.

"Hey kiddo...."

__________________________________
Authors note:

Hey y'all gonna keep this brief since I hate these things as much as everyone else. Where do you all want this to go? I have a few ideas in mind that I won't be changing, such as relationships going to Ua and such. But is there anything in specific you'd like to see? Also Izuku is for the most part going to be the same aside from he's going to be a bit more apprehensive, combative, and aggressive.

Also major thanks to everyone for giving this a read close to 200? Rn which is a lot more than I expected so thanks again and stay baller yall!