I^%SEEi:~\?y{)gOU)

(I'm still working on the aftermath chapter but in prep for Halloween consider this a preview also the art is still a WIP;)

Tsukauchi glared at the papers in front of him as he dragged his hand through his hair, thunder boomed outside as the rain pelted the window harder. He was chewing on a pen as his foot tapped with annoyance.

In front of Tsukauchi sat pictures of various crime scenes. Each more brutal then the last.... All depicted various gang dens brutally devastated.... It was like a wild animal was set loose on them. But the confusing part was they were completely separate gangs that had nothing to do with each other from what Tsukauchi could tell. Yet there was something about the level of violence that made them all similar, what made it frustrating .....there was no evidence of what happened to the gang members. It was if they were torn apart by the air itself....footage was practically useless and what was saved from the data gave nothing on who killed them all. Instead showing some invisible force tearing through the members....the obvious solution was that someone with an invisibility quirk murdered the members.....but that didn't sit well with Tsukauchi, there as something just wrong about it. Obviously it was single serial killer or potential enforcer for rival gangs....tho no one in else in the office expressed the same concern..nobody likes to admit when theres a serial killer, except for when the heros swoop up to "stop them". Shaking his head he took a long sip from his coffee and closed his eyes. There was just something about them, he suspected a potential homicidal vigilante but from what little description he could pull from the "suspected" edited security footage. Was that the killer had a strength enhancer or a powerful emitter quirk due to how they rag dolled the members. And they were big, he got that from his most of the men looked up to the invisible attacker, which also marked how it clearly wasn't an invisibility quirk...they openly saw their attacker. Yet the chief just chucked it up to "invisibility quirk" and "gang based violence" lazy bastard..... quirks this, quirks that, the heros will do it! God no wonder the police force was a joke! He looked up from his thoughts to the clock in his office...1:30am it read. He'd stayed late again on accident...rolling his neck the satisfying pops eased his nerve as he pulled out a pack of cigarettes.

'It's obviously the same attacker in each by why these gangs? Why the brutality...it felt personal....an extreme level of genuine hate and anger, it's....it's like that alley!' Tsukauchi thought as he he bolted toward his desk drawer and began sifting through various "cold cases" he liked to work on in his spare time, within the cabinet he pulled out a recent file only a couple weeks old now. A random alley where 10 men were absolutely pulverized, the only thing they had was the bodies as evidence and a loose witness testimony..'were these gang members too? Witness said someone tall limped out from the alley carrying what looked like a body? Could they be connected? Revenge? It's possible...gang killed someone this guy cared about and he's out for revenge! But no that's not likely, and a lot of conjecture. But they have to be connected! It all just clicks!' He thought considering asking to reopen the alleyway case...

Stretching in his chair he released a long yawn before rubbing his eyes. Spinning his chair he turned to look out the window watching as lightning arced across the sky. It reminded him about that boy who got struck by lightning while fighting Izumi in the festival. That reminded him about the video that seemingly Obito had leaked from Izukus accident....his hand scrunched into a fist as he thought about Izukus condition last he'd seen and heard...how his "friend" tried to kill
Him.....Katsuki Bakugo...how that kid got into the hero course baffled him! Just proof that all people gave a shit about nowadays we're quirks! It's why he respected Izuku so much despite the shitty hand he was dealt he was still incredibly gifted through his own hard work!....Then that pompous brat stole everything from him...and Izumi...she'd lied to police about what happened...she protected the bastard who tried to kill her brother! He always knew something was off about her when it came to Izuku! Even in his fairly limited experiences he saw the signs....but Inko wouldn't have it, made sense why he wasn't invited over very often after that conversation with her. Least Toshi wasn't completely blind, he was supposed to interview Izuku on Monday about the video after Toshi told him that Izuku wanted to give his statement on the video and the actions going forward. Currently Bakugo was in the hospital after that Obito boy slapped him around for 15 minutes.....the way he crushed his hand....Tsukauchi heard that he even broke Bakugos back.....'serves em right' he thought before lighting his cigarette, from what info he could get Katsuki was to be detained and under guard until further action. Whilst the investigation was reopened, oh it pissed Toshi off when he had to tell 'em that the case was being called cold due to "lack of evidence" if he could've talked to that brat that day he could've busted this whole thing wide open and finally get justice for his God son! Atleast someone was able to find something to give the kid peace! But no that demon of a woman wouldn't have it! And the chief wouldn't issue him a warrant!

This country was becoming a cesspool of corruption and red tape, it was startin to get on his nerves a little bit. No one wanted to admit the obvious trafficking ring that's been going unchecked! But nooooo there "isolated incidents!" Bullshit is what it was! That's when it clicked.....turning his head back to his desk he discovered something that connected all the dots......

'This person is dismantling the ring.'

Each of the gangs were known traffickers at various periods and some current too! They had to be a vigilante! He made a note to pitch the case in hopes he could actually get a chance to work maybe do some actual police work!

Writing down various notes on the subject he placed everything into an evidence folder and placed it into his desk before finally calling it quits for the night. He'd think more on it tomorrow with a clear head, grabbing his brief case he pulled on his over coat and hat and made his was from his office into the quiet precinct. It was strange how in the week before Halloween crime slowed...like the calm before the storm, the busiest and weirdest time of the year for the department and force as a whole! Making his way through Tsukauchi braved the abhorrent weather as he rushed to his car and quickly dove inside as more thunder erupted from above. 'Devils beaten his wife again' he said to himself before starting his car and pulling away from the precinct.

His thoughts drifted back to the gang murders and how he thought there was something bigger at play behind all this! He was pulled back from his mental web by his radio crackling to life.
"All Available Units; reports of shots fired from 476 Ishimura called describe multiple gunshots and screaming from the house. All Available Units" dispatch repeated over the radio as Tsukauchi looked at the time...1:45am...grabbing a hold of the radio Tsukauchi flicked on his police lights and answered the call.

"This is detective Naomasa Tsukauchi reporting on route" he said before drifting his car the opposite direction of the house as he sped toward the scene.

__________________________________
Authors note:

This gone be fun.

Stay baller Doods.