Chapter 32

Aldrich was pacing his office, his eye brows scrunched in worry as he processed what Etoile had just told him.

"How?" he asked, stopping his pacing.

Etoile shrugged, her tears still falling from her face. "I don't know. That's all I saw."

Aldrich stopped for a moment, looking up at her. "I have to get them back. Santiago can't have Silent Ash though. I can't doom Nicole's people to him like that."

Etoile shook her head. "No, you can't. I'll go see if I can help Maribel get in touch with Lilith."

Aldrich nodded, going to his desk and slouching down into the chair. Etoile stopped at the door, her hand on the knob to turn around and face him. "They're gonna be okay, Aldrich. Trust in Selene that she is watching over them."

Aldrich nodded, not answering, trying his best to stop his eyes from filling with tears. Etoile looked down, opening the door and stepping out. Aldrich was left in silence, and it was deafening. Slowly, he felt tears falling from his eyes, and before he knew it, he was sobbing. She was hurting, he could feel it. Those fuckers were hurting her, and he would make sure to kill every last one of them. They would bleed, what was left of the whole family. And that beta would do the same.

Aldrich had never felt emotions like he was now. When his mother died, he had been young, a boy. He was sad and didn't understand, but he got through it. When his father died, he was sad too. But not angry. He had never been so angry as he was, and he almost didn't think he could handle it. He reeled it in though, instead letting it out through the sobs rumbling from his chest.

He heard someone coming, but he didn't care. His face was buried in his hands, hot tears wetting his hands. Josh opened the door, staring at his friend in his broken state. Behind him was a woman. She was young, with pretty brown eyes and naturally curly brown hair. Her darker skin was littered with tattoos and different rings sat on each of her fingers. She felt sympathy wash through her at the sight of Aldrich, and she hurriedly stepped in the room. Aldrich looked up, his eyes puffy and swollen as he stared at the woman. Tears were still coming down his face, and she gave him a small, sad smile. She walked in the rest of the way, making her way to him silently. Aldrich studied her, watching her approach him. He became wary as she got close enough for him to smell her scent. Vampire.

She stood in front of him, reaching her hand out. "May I?" she asked. Aldrich nodded, and she softly pressed her hand against his forehead. He closed his eyes, waiting for her to finish whatever it was she was doing. She pulled her hand away after a moment, her eyes filled with sympathy. "You poor man." she whispered, stepping back as another woman walked into the room. Aldrich watched, not sure what to say as the new woman took a seat at his desk.

"Aldrich Branson, my names Lilith. I'm sorry for what has happened in your pack, and I hope I got here in time to help."

Aldrich nodded, clearing his throat. "It's okay, and yes, you did. Thank you for coming so quickly. If you don't mind me asking, how did you know to come now?"

"I had a feeling something bad had happened once I stepped foot on this realm. I had planned on waiting a few days and give you and Nicole a heads up, but something told me I needed to come now."

Aldrich didn't fully understand how the witches powers worked, but he needed all the help he could get. "I really appreciate you coming. Even if things don't work out, I'll always be in your debt."

Lilith nodded, smiling to him, then looked to the first woman who had entered. "This is my wife, Aaliyah. She was looking into your head so you didn't have to explain as much to us."

Aldrich looked at the woman, gesturing for her to take a seat by her wife. Aaliyah smiled and did, her hand grasping Lilith's. "I'm sorry, about your mate. We'll do everything in our power to get her back."