Chapter 11

"Brick is just letting them have the party here?"

"Uh, yeah, it's complicated..." Sudusa muttered, staring at her reflection in the mirror. She was wearing a black cocktail dress, hair curled, heavy make up but it looked good on her and black high heels.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm eating when we go down there!"

"You're going to eat blood?" She raised one eye brow.

"Wh-what?!" I screamed, "BLOOD?!"

"What is wrong with me today?!" She snapped quietly before smiling lightly, "Well yeah, the rich like medium rare!" She laughed.

I didn't buy it but I wouldn't let her catch on, "Oh, jeez don't scare me like that!" I laughed lightly.

"Okay, time to go downstairs!" She smiled and grabbed my wrist, yanking me outside.

We made our way to the grand staircase, everyone turning to look at us. "Why is everyone staring at us?" I asked Sudusa.

"Not us, you..." She whispered back before we hit the bottom stair. She whispered a 'goodbye' before disappearing into the crowd. I was shocked, what was I supposed to do, I didn't know any of these people and if they knew that I was kidnapped that meant no chance to escape.

"You look beautiful..." A voice whispered from my side.

I turned around seeing Brick, he was decked out in a black and white suit with a blood red tie. He held two glasses, one held red stuff and another looked like soda. He held the soda out to me and I carefully took it, "Don't I always?" I said sarcastically.

"Always." He smirked before holding his hand out, "Can I have this dance?"

I blushed, I don't know what it was but a spark ignited inside me and a cage full of butterflies erupted inside my stomach, "Okay..." I choked out, feeling like an idiot. I set the drink down on the banister before hesitantly placing my hand into his and he guided me to the dance floor.

He slipped his hand to the small of my back while his other held mine to the side. I bit my lip, "I'm not going to lie, I don't know how to dance this way..." I blushed more, feeling like an even bigger idiot.

Brick leaned in, making my breath catch in my throat, "Then let me teach you..." He whispered into my ear, his breath making a chill run up my spine.

This was going to be an interesting night...