Chapter 20 A Deal For Freedom

(A/N) Alright, We're getting ready to start season 8. Now, I don't feel as if the job I've done for Season 8 going into 10 are my best works. Even after over 60 edits, I feel as if this is the best end product, but I feel as this is still subject to change in the future, depending how you all like it.

No one's POV

It's been a few months since the shutdown of Project Freelancer, and currently Zero was sitting in a cell in the the UNSC Maximum Security Detention Facility due to him, One and Wash being responsible for destroying all the A.I.'s which was UNSC proprietary.

Zero: ...

Zero's thoughts: I wonder how One is doing? I haven't seen her since we got here...

While laying on his bed, Zero just looked up at the celling and sighed.

Zero's thoughts: So much shit has happened... I enlisted because I wanted to help make a difference, but instead, I end up joining a project which broke so many laws, possibly killed so many innocent people.... I even got Emily warped up in this...

Zero thought back to when he was being evaluated by the Counselor before joining Project Freelancer.

(Flashback)

Currently, Adrain is sitting within a dark room at at table, as a man walked in , sitting down across from him.

???: Hello, Mr Myers. My name is Aiden Price. But you can call me the Counselor.

Adrain: Alright then, Counselor.

Counselor: There is no need to feel nervous, this is merely an evaluation, seeing if you will be a fit for our Project.

Adrain: With all do respect, Counselor. If I weren't fit your project, then I wouldn't have been recommended by my superiors.

Counselor: That is quite true I suppose.

The Counselor began scrolling through his tablet, looking over Adrain's file.

Counselor: You have quite the impressive file, Mr Myers. Nearly every single mission you took part of was a success. I shouldn't expect nothing less given you are the child of the late war hero Ell-

Adrain just narrowed his eyes at the Counselor.

Adrain: I'd appreciate if you didn't bring up my father's name, Counselor.

Counselor: I see. My apologies. But looking through your file, you were even offered a position in the Spartan program, but turned it down. Why is that?

Adrain: I wasn't going to leave my little sister behind.

Counselor: Little sister. Ah, Emily Myers. She was your partner during your time within the Special forces.

Adrain: She's the reason why all those missions were a success.

Counselor: I see. Reports indicate that your synergy with one another is quite remarkable. I can only assume that your decision hinders on if she is able to join the Project as well?

Adrain just chuckled.

Adrain: You catch on quirk. But you're right. If my sister isn't here, then I have no business here.

Counselor: Unfortunately, this is the last position. You are the extra, we can not-

???: I believe we can make room for one more agent, Counselor.

Suddenly, a man with glasses entered the room.

???: Bring in Miss Myers for evaluation, Counselor.

Counselor: Right, Directer.