Chapter 9

A week later, she was in front of the most well-known company, her grandfather's company.

The day after she found out about the news,  she immediately contacted her grandfather's company to find out that she must make an appointment to meet with him, but the closest available day was two months from now, and she couldn't wait until then. So, she grabbed ahold of her grandmother's attorney and played the pitiful child "card" to make him contact her grandfather's assistant to allow her to meet up with him as her grandfather also found pity on her and agreed to meet up with her in a week.  Which made her realize he must not be busy at all and seemed to lie to people all the time about the availability he had!

"President Davidson will be meeting with you soon," her grandfather's assistant said as she was sitting in the lounge while playing on her phone. "Okay, President Davidson will see you now."

She lazily got up and followed her grandfather's assistant to his office. Once she entered, she saw her grandfather was in a black suit as he was leaning against his chair. In her previous life, she barely saw her grandfather as he had no interest in his family and didn't care for his family because he knew all his sons wanted was his money and the company. She would only see him on special occasions, but from a distance even though she was barely allowed to go. She had heard rumors that her grandfather was cold-hearted and rude to everyone.

Before she sat in front of him, she already spoke, "let's get straight to the point. I would like to buy my grandmother's property from you."

Her grandfather laughed as his assistant stood there shocked. "Little girl, where do you have the money?" He said, entertained, and sat straight. "Do you think what you have is enough for what I pay for that property?" He added.

"I will pay you double of what you paid for the property in a year," she negotiated.

Her grandfather leaned back and smirked, "And why should I make a deal with a little girl?"

"What are you afraid of? Doesn't this entertain you?" She said sarcastically.

He laughed again before saying, "alright, I'll give you a year."

"Thank you for your kindness," she said ironically as he knew what she was implying.

Before she could leave, he asked, "your name was Faye Davidson, right?"

She turns and smiles, "it used to be, but it's soon going to be Faye Grey."

A few minutes later, afterward, Faye had left, "President, why did you agree to that little girl?" His assistant said, not understanding why his boss had made such a ridiculous deal with a child as he knew his boss's temper.

The old man smiled before saying, "I want to see what my granddaughter is going to do?"

"Your granddaughter?" His assistant said, completely shocked. He had never heard his boss ever relate himself with any of his family members.