Chapter 28

"Faye! Do you know this guy?" The two men were lucky enough to turn their heads again to see the situation. The two men were about to step in and injure the handsome lad, but Faye answered, "Yes. don't worry, guys. I can handle it." The two men settle but refuse to leave Faye's side. "Mr. Lon, what can I help you with?" Faye said. The handsome man didn't speak. "Leo, sir. Can you release my wrist?" she said. However, instead of releasing, he said before a smile appeared on his face, "I'm surprised to see Miss Davidson here." She was once again irritated with his smile and answered, "Sorry, but it's Miss Grey."

"Grey?" he questioned. "Yes," she simply replied. She then forcefully pulled her wrist out of his hand and continued, "Mr. Lon, if you don't have anything else to say, then please excuse us." The handsome man said, "Were you with a man? I happen to see a woman in the same dress as you with a shallow man." Faye smiled before saying, "Mr. Lon, you know that there are probably many people who also have this kind of dress," as she didn't have to continue explaining that it was probably a coincidence. "That's good then," he said, as she felt like he was extremely relieved, which she found to be odd.

Before any words were spoken by the two parties, her phone started to ring. She answered her phone as the person on the other side said frantically, "Faye, did everything go as planned? How did it go? Are you okay? Say something." In an instant a smile appeared on Faye's face, the handsome lad stood there stunned as he watched her smile so genuinely and wondered who she was talking to. She looks so much softer with her gentle smile. "How can I say anything if you don't even give me a chance to talk," Faye answered with a tiny chuckle as her quiet, sweet chuckle continued to ring against Leo's ears. "Well, you could have interrupted me," Janine said over the phone. "It's done," Faye answered and waved her hands to the two men, "It's okay. you guys can go. See you guys later," she said to the two men. The two men nodded their heads and turned to leave. "Didn't I tell you to call me when you finished," Janine said. "I was going to, once I got in the car," Faye said, walking away as she disregarded Leo's presence. However, Leo caught her wrist again, stopping her from leaving.

She once again looked into his firm eyes before saying, "I'll talk to you later," and hanging up the phone. "Don't worry. You guys can go on back," she said to the two men again before they actually left. "Is there anything else you have to say to me?" Faye said. Leo smiled again and said, "I do, but it looks like you have things to do, so why don't I get your number and call you later." She stares at him before saying, "That won't be necessary. I don't think we will ever cross paths again."

"How sure are you? We crossed paths three times already," he said. "Well, I think this will be our last," she said, "If that's all you have to say, then excuse me."

"I was wondering if you know Robert Long?" he asked before she could leave. She stopped mid-way and said, "Why do you think I know Robert Long?" she asked. "Well, I saw you two together most of the time during the ceremony, so I assume you know him. I am interested in working with Robert Long to form a partnership as I did contact their company before but never heard from them," he said. "Sorry, but I don't think I can help you with that," she said. "Is that so...," he said. As if he could see right through her and send a shiver down her spine. She awkwardly said, ''excuse me." Before allowing him to stop or interfere with her, she had already entered her car.