Chapter 62

"Hey, stop pouting. It's your fault for teasing me too much yesterday. Come on, stop hugging me," Faye nagged. Leo had wrapped his left arm around her waist from behind again. He held her close to him and said, "Well, I missed you." They were hugging right at the entrance door of the Lon Company as they were heading inside.

"Stop messing around. We are right in front of the building. Let go. We have to work," Faye scolded him. "Why are you being stubborn?" she said.

"Just being like you," he said. He chuckled as she pinched his arm in anger for calling her stubborn.

"Faye?" a voice called her. Both Leo and Faye turned their heads to see Parker, standing there with his chest feeling stuffy as he watched them being lovey-dovey. Both of their eyes turned cold and deadly once they saw Parker. Parker felt extreme chills down his spine and felt like he could jump out of his skin.

"I guess I should call the authorities to arrest him," Leo said deadly, like a wolf ready to attack.

"You really don't understand English words," Faye said coldly.

"Faye, I have to talk to you. I know that you don't want to see me," Parker picked up his courage.

"I'll call security," Leo said.

"It's fine. What is it you have to talk to me about," Faye said. She felt something was up since his eyes showed great remorse.

"I-I want to apologize for everything I did to you. I'm sorry for hurting you.," Parker said with great regret. "I also want to tell you that I have ended the engagement between our two families, so there's no agreement between our families," Parker said.

_____

"Let go," Faye said and patted Leo's arm, telling him to let go. "Don't make me count to three," she babied him. She glanced behind her to see Leo refusing to let her go. She realized how clingy and possessive he was.

"Why can't I tag along?" Leo said as if he had dog ears, and they were drooping downwards.

Faye and Leo were talking outside of her office as Faye was leaving first since they finished their job for the day.

"I told you I have to meet up with gramps, so you can't go," she explained. Leo finally let go and turned her around to make her face him. He looked down at her with great concern.

She patted his head before smiling. "Don't worry, I'll be fine," she said. She was about to enter the elevator when he grabbed the tip of her sleeves. She turned and saw his worried eyes as she felt great warmth in her heart. She found it funny to have someone so scared for her. "Don't worry, I'll see you soon," she said and played with the necklace she was wearing.

"Be careful," he said as she just nodded her head.

Faye exited the building and walked to her car. She unlocked the door and once she opened the door, a van pulled beside her and opened its door before a pair of hands grabbed her from behind. The pair of hands covered her mouth and dragged her into the car. Faye quickly struggled and tried to scream for help. She couldn't fight back as the person was stronger than her. The person then knocked her out by hitting the back of her head. Her body collapsed on the van's floor.

Faye finally regained consciousness with a throbbing pain in the back of her head as she was still laying on the car floor. Her mouth was covered, and her hands were tied up in front of her. She didn't make a sound to alert the two rough men, who were in the driver and passenger seats. The necklace she was wearing was close to her face. She glanced at it before closing her eyes when she heard a movement from the two men. Then she heard the car slowing down and the engine dying. The two men got out, and Faye continued to fake that she was still knocked out.

"What do you want to do with her?" one of the men said.

"Well, she said we can do anything to her before we kill her. So why not use her before she dies? She has a nice body," the other one said with a mocking voice. One of them opened the sliding door, she quickly got up and used her tied-up hands as a rope to wrap the back of the guy's neck before pulling downward towards her knee. While she smashed the man's head onto her knees before his body slammed on the edge of the doorway, agonizing in pain. She quickly jumped out of the van.

"Hey! Where do you think you are going!" the other man shouted. The other man quickly lunged at her, but she dodged him. She then used her elbows to smash the back of his head down before kicking him down. She quickly ran for it as she was brought to an abandoned warehouse. Both of the men groaned in pain and slowly got up.

"F***k it! Just kill her!" the man by the van said, gritting in pain as he pulled out his gun. He directed the gun to her before immediately pulling the trigger. A loud bang was heard and echoed against the abandoned warehouse.