Chapter 25

Faye reached her grandfather. He looked at her outfit and said, "What happened to your outfit?"
"Nothing big. Just spilled wine," she responds and fixes the leather jacket properly on her body as the stain was barely showing, and her grandfather's eyes showed irritation at the person who did this to her granddaughter.

Rin finally finishes cleaning up herself when she steps back inside the party, her face frozen in anger. "Rin, where were you?" someone asked her. A stiff smile appeared on her face, and she replied, "I went to the restroom. Excuse me." She made her way toward Faye. Her hand clenched together to suppress her anger. She didn't know where or how Faye got that leather jacket to cover up the stain while she reeked of alcohol. Everyone she passed by, would turn their heads to look at her before going back to their conversation as they wondered who smells like alcohol. She glared in the direction where Faye was as she was surrounded by a group of people again. She looked over to see that her grandfather was close to Faye, but not too close. She braces herself and makes her way toward Faye. "Faye, there you are. I was looking for you," Rin enters the group. Faye glances over to Rin and smiles, looking at Rin's tight smile. "Sorry, I was called over here," Faye replied and then quickly ignored her again, which caused Rin's anger to rise again.

"Faye, are you also working under your grandfather's company?" ask a woman as she was hoping she could use Faye to pull her grandfather into their favor.
Faye saw her intention and replied, "Oh no. Grandfather will never let me enter his company unless I start from the bottom." Her grandfather glanced over but didn't say anything.

An idea appeared in Rin's mind as she smiled. She asked, "Faye, are you coming back home to live with us since you remember us?" Faye stares at Rin, wondering what she is planning before saying, "Um.. well... Grandfather had already bought me a condo, but I'm still finding ways to repay him back." Her grandfather glances over at her again, and this time Faye smiles saying, 'I'm throwing you under the bus for causing me trouble by announcing I'm your granddaughter'.

"Oh, I know someone who works in W2 Hotel. They are looking for a new receptionist. I can help get an interview so you can get an earning to repay grandfather," Rin said, smiling as everyone was thinking that she was such a nice girl to help her cousin find a job at the best place. Faye immediately knew what Rin was planning as her cold eyes stared at Rin with her sweet smile.

Faye was finally able to wash her hand. She dried her hands with a paper towel as she looked in the mirror, her eyes were dead cold. She could clearly remember what happened that time. She recently graduated from business school, and Rin had a friend who she knew was looking for someone to be the new receptionist. Faye thought she could start at the bottom and work her way up to show people how hardworking she was, especially showing her family that she can handle things on her own. However, who would have known that she would fall into Rin's trap and ruin her entire reputation?

Once she arrived at the interview the manager had brought her to a secluded room where he would "accidentally'' harass her by accidentally touching her hand or leg. He was overly friendly to the point where he bought her a drink. Once she drank it, she got dizzy, and her surrounding was starting to become blurry. In that instant, he wrapped his arm around her waist and brought her to a hotel room. She had tried her best to escape his grasp as he ripped her shirt, exposing her bra. At that moment, the doors burst open as multiple reporters were at the door, taking pictures of the incident. Soon, the new headline was proposing that Faye was seducing that manager to get into the job, which humiliated her and ruined her reputation to the point she could no longer hold her head high and hid from everyone's gaze.

She thought if Rin wanted to play like that again, then let it happen again. She was well prepared. She grabs her phone and dials a number, "I got a job for you."