Chapter 14

Once Faye entered the work cubicle, a bright kiddish young man in a bright red plaid shouted, "Faye, you came to the rescue!"

Faye chuckled and greeted the other two. "So, any problem while I was gone?" she asked.

"YES! These two were making fun of me and said I'm like a kid," the bright young man pouted.

She smiles in delight before saying, "John, you are not a kid, but... a baby." And John wailed like a baby, and everyone laughed. While Faye was wiping the tiny tear forming in her eye from laughing too much, a stern and mature young man walked over to Faye with a pile of papers.

Faye silently cried inside before pouting," Come on, Austin, I just got back."

"Well, we need you to go through these and see if we should invest or comply with them. And don't worry, these are just the ones that we couldn't decide," he said as a huge burden was relieved off of her, and she gladly accepted the papers, which she thought were a little until Austin also pointed at the stack of papers.

"But... I thought you guys," she said but gave up. "Alright," she said, kind of grumpy. "Do you guys have any other issues?" She asked and thought to herself that she should hurry and find someone to run this place.

All three of them look at each other, "Yes, it just happened recently," Austin said, seriously

Faye stopped skimming through the papers and looked at them as they were quiet for a bit. "What's happened?" she said, curious and confused.

"Well, we just got a call from Lon Company as they offer a partnership with us," Austin said.

Faye heard of the company but does not know a whole lot about it as it was at the same level of fame and wealth as her grandfather's company, and the owner of that company was a young man named Leo Lon, who was a ruthless and powerful man. He became the owner of the company at the age of 15 as his father had passed away and his grandfather had pointed him to the new chairman. He was an intelligent man as he was able to balance his school and workload. Soon he succeeded in his education and the company. He became the most well-known bachelor as every woman in the world wanted to be his wife. However, in her past life, she heard that he never married and just adopted a child to continue his business when he passed.

Faye stops thinking and looks at Austin, "Austin, do some background check on them and research the company," she said seriously. Austin nods before going to work.

"Really? Aren't they a well-known company," John said, not understanding her reason for being cautious with one of the famous companies.

"Yes, they are, so why are they interested in this small private business like ours?" Faye explained.

"Oh," John said, with his mouth open and his left hand on his chin as he finally understood.

Faye wondered if she had chosen the right guy to be in their business, she chuckled to herself.

"Alright, were there any problems in the garden?" She asks Andrea.

"No, we haven't heard from them as if everything seems fine," Andrea answered back.

"Okay, I'll be heading there, some time this week," she said before everyone went back to work.

Hours later, Faye created two piles before getting up, "Okay, this pile is good to invest in while this pile is no." All three of them stop doing their work and look in Faye's direction. Faye looked at her small watch on her wrist, "oh look at the time, you guys ready to go?"

"YES!" John cheered in delight before springing up from his seat and stretching his arm up in the air while Andrea quietly got up. While everyone was grabbing their items before heading out, Austin still was in his chair. Faye trolls over to his workspace and knocks on his desk. "Hello, anybody home? Come on, Austin, we are waiting for you. You can continue working tomorrow," she said. He stopped typing and shut his laptop down, and got up.

"Let's eat! I'm starving," John said and was the first one by the door ready to leave.

"Is Janine coming?" Andrea asks.

"Yes, she will meet us there," Faye replied.

As they were heading out, Faye watched the three people ahead of her. Austin was the oldest in the group as he was 32 years old. He was a perfectionist and strict person, but most people don't know that he was a very lenient person if you are good at persuading. Austin has dark brown hair as if it was black. He had an average sturdy body with an average height for males. He has clear eyes and a simple smile.

As for John, he is 27 years old and is a laid-back and very cheerful man as he also has a strong hidden charisma. He has light brown hair with big bright eyes and a shiny smile. He has a thinner and less sturdy body structure than Austin.

Andrea was a hardworking and determined woman with a kind heart at the age of 30. She has dark brown ombre short hair with small waves. She has sharp eyes with soft eyebrows and a beautiful smile. She was a thin and small woman.

"Come on, Faye, get in the car," John hollered to the lady standing there in thoughts.

"We're making Janine wait for us," Andrea said.

"Coming," Faye answered and entered the gray car.

Once they arrive at a family restaurant, "what took you guys so long? You know how long I was waiting for you guys?" Janine teased. Everyone settled around the table and started ordering.

"Oh, where's Ian?" Faye asks.

"He said he had to study, so he couldn't come," Janine said, using air quotes.

Faye chuckled and said, "do you really think he is?"

Janine sighs as she knows her little brother before saying, "he better be!" While everyone laughed as the night went on.