Chapter 16

"Sorry, but you are in the wrong car," Faye said, not looking back. However, the person who barged in replied rudely, "SHH! Can't you be quiet!" She lowered herself, trying to hide, but still looking out. Both Ian and Faye stop to look at each other before turning their head to see a young girl, who had big clear eyes with dark hair as she was wearing high-quality accessories.

"Excuse me, but it's you who rudely barged in," Ian said unfriendly.

The girl swiftly turns her head and glares at them before both Ian and the girl shout, "YOU!"

"You two know each other?" Faye spoke before realizing she was wearing the same custom school uniform as Ian's. The girl quickly exited the car before giving one last disgusting expression to Ian as if they both had a bad history together. Once the girl slammed the door, Faye had already started the engine and zoomed out.

As Faye's car drove away, the girl with dark hair was standing on the sidewalk, feeling upset before a man in a black suit said, "Miss, please come home before your mother starts to worry."

"No, not until big brother comes to pick me up," she refused.

"Sorry, Miss, but the boss has a meeting to attend so he can't come," her driver said. As the little girl grumpily left with her driver.

Inside Faye's car, she asks Ian "So who was that? It seems you two have some bad history together,"

Ian leaned back into the seat before saying, "You don't want to know who she is."

Faye chuckled at his snark and said, "Oh really."

"Her name is Layla Lon. She is a spoiled brat that came from a rich family. She recently transferred to my school on her first day, we both had an incident with each other which I found how spoiled and bratty she was. Rumor has it that the only reason she transferred to my average school instead of her rich famous school was to get her brother's attention," Ian exposed all the detail.

A few minutes after they had grabbed some food, Faye started asking about Liam and his crush.

"Well, to be honest, I don't really know them as they are one grade lower than me. However.." he says, trying to prevent Faye from getting angry at him. "I have heard rumors about her. She beat up a lot of people and has been in a lot of trouble. Many students said she is at fault, but the way I see it she was helping others."

"What about the boy?" Faye asks.

"All I know is that he is a very quiet nerd," he said, resting his head on his arm against the seat.

"Oh...," Faye said, forcing a smile as he was literally no help.

Once they arrived at Janine's shop, Ian got out of the car as Janine saw Faye's car and her brother before she ran out to meet them. "Ian, did you bother Faye to come and pick you up," Janine scolded Ian.

"What! It wasn't me who bothered her. She's the one who appears at my school. Isn't that right, Faye?" Ian tries to defeat himself.

Faye didn't say anything but smiled with her eyebrows rising.

"Alright, I have to go so see you guys later," Faye said before setting her car into drive. "Oh, before I go. Ian was playing games all night instead of studying. He told me. See ya!" she drove away.

As she could hear Ian shouting at her, "Faye, HOW COULD YOU! I thought you said you wouldn't tell if I HELP YOU! TRAITOR!" Faye waves her hand out of the window and continues to drive away.

A few minutes after driving down the road, a black car appeared behind her as the car bumper was getting closer and closer. The car tailgated her as if it was in a hurry. "If you want to go faster then go around," Faye said, getting frustrated. However, the car continued to trail her tail as she said, "Okay, you want to play like that." She smiled as she hit the brakes to slow down, and the car behind jerked back. Then the car signals to change lanes and go around as it speeds up, but Faye switches and hits the gas. Both cars were neck and neck, and she didn't allow them to go past her as the lights were coming up ahead. It seems like the car needed to take a turn on the lights as it slows down and trails behind her again. Faye smirked before processing to her normal speed; however, the person didn't seem to learn as the car still continued to tailgate her. Faye took in a deep breath before speeding up as she saw the time.

The light was green, and she continued straight until a little boy's red ball fell into the road, and the boy jumped to get it. Faye quickly hit her emergency brakes. A large screech filled the road, and cars collided with each other. Faye held the steering wheel tightly as she was hit from the back and saw the red ball roll away from the car. She stepped out of the car before shutting the door and walked to the sidewalk where the couple had the boy in their arms. "Is he alright?" Faye asks.

"Yes, I'm so sorry," the parent apologized. When the boy was about to get his ball, his father saw and pulled him back in time. "No, it's fine," Faye said before a person was shouting behind her.

"Why did you stop! Look what happened!" the person from the car behind said, looking at the damage. Faye turned back and said, "Who told you to tailgate me?" The person looked up to say something but stopped midway once he saw her. At that moment, the car door from the back opened immediately, and the tall suited young man came out. Faye crossed her arms, waiting for the driver to say something, but he was in some shock.

"I'm so sorry on behalf of my driver. Here is my business card to contact me for the repair," the tall young man said, smiling charmingly.