Chapter 3, Welcome

You broke eye contact with him as he started to walk over. He said, "Yeah Hanji, what is it?" She pushed you towards him slightly, "We have a new recruit, and she'd like to talk to you about Hannes" Eren looked down at you, "Is that so?" You nodded, "He's my father, I want to know how he passed away" His eyes widened slightly, "I guess I could tell you about him, why don't we go somewhere else" Levi agreed, "Yes, somewhere quiet. My office is open if you'd like to go in there"

Just then, a woman stopped Eren by putting her hand on his shoulder. She spoke, "Eren. Armin and I were wondering—" Eren interrupted her, "Mikasa. Be professional, we have a guest. Come on y/n" Mikasa asked Eren, "Who is this? Where are you guys going?" You held out your hand and politely said, "I'm y/n l/n, nice to meet you" She didn't shake your hand; instead she rudely looked you up and down and asked, "Is your name Eren? I wasn't asking you"

You were a bit taken aback by her attitude. Eren said, "Be polite." Mikasa glared at him for a couple of seconds and stormed off. He pointed down the hallway, "Commander Levi's office is right down there, come on" You followed behind him and into a tidy office and shut the door. You asked, "Is that your girlfriend?" Without hesitation he coldly stated, "No."

He continued, "She's just a friend, but she's super over protective of me. I sure you have friends like that." Yeah, definitely not. You shook your head no, "I don't. But I understand if she would like to know where you're going with a girl, it doesn't bother me"

He changed the subject and sat on top of Levi's desk. "Let's talk about your dad, Hannes" You replied, "I think you might know more about him than I do. He was very protective of me, and I was never aloud to even consider joining any three regiments, though he taught me everything I'd ever need to know about being apart of them. He loved me very very much, but was embarrassed of me. He was embarrassed of having a daughter with no wife" You mentally gave yourself a high five. Eren has to buy that.

He patted stated, "Hannes was a great guy, he saved me from being eaten when I was little. He was a really good friend of my fathers and he liked to drink alcohol a lot" You bluntly asked, "How did he die?" Ignoring what Eren said about him drinking. He sighed, "He died trying to prove he wasn't a coward to me. He was devoured as Mikasa and I watched." You stayed silent. Wasn't he going to apologize? You asked, "Did you even try to save him?"

He replied, "Believe me y/n I tried. I tried hard. I couldn't transform into my titan to save him." He showed you his hand, which had bite mark scars on it from him trying to transform. He asked, "You know that I'm a titan right?" You told, "Of course, who doesn't know?"

He stood up and spoke, "I just want to apologize for what happened to your father. I really am sorry" You stood up and whispered, "I know you tried" He scratched the back of his neck. "Let me know if Mikasa gives you any trouble" You shook your head, "She's fine Eren. Now come on, I'd like to meet some of your friends"

He pushed open the door while saying, "You and Mikasa could really get along, I'm sure once you tell her Hannes is your dad she'll loosen up a little. She just has a hard time dealing with new people, don't take it personally" You politely said, "I'm that way too sometimes, she really is fine Eren" He finally gave up trying to warn you about Mikasa, she can't be all that bad. Not worse than you at least.

You and Eren walked back to the dining hall in silence. Hanji shouted from a distance, "You guys, hurry up! Dinner is about to be served, we're having meat tonight!" Why does Hanji sound so excited about that? Back in Marley you have meat every night. Eren asked, "Have you ever had meat before?" You lied, "My father always told me that only people in the interior walls get to enjoy meat. I didn't know soldiers got to have it as well" Eren tugged at your arm, "Well come on, try"