Chapter 12, Cooked

"Thank you, Eren. I'm going to sleep now" He ran his fingers through your hair, "Please do, you need your rest." You dozed off in his arms, and woke up on time, 4:40am. It was hard to get up, cause you usually get up at 6:40, but you had to be to wall Maria by 5:00am. Eren was still sleeping, so, you slipped out of bed slowly and quietly to not wake him up. You'll wake him up once he needs to be woken up, so he can get as much rest as possible. You noticed your foot was even more sore and painful then yesterday, but you had no choice other then to bare through it. You got dressed into uniform, and by that time it was 4:50am. You kissed the side of Eren's face and he slowly opened his eyes, looking frustrated with the minimal amout of sleep he got.

You whispered, "I'm sorry love, I know it's early-" He jumped up from bed and placed his hands on your shoulders, starting to question you. "Are you okay, did something happen?" You were startled and jumped back, "Eren no! We have to be on top of wall Maria at 5:00am, remember?" He took his hands off of your shoulders and murmured, "Oh... yeah." You planted a kiss on his lips before walking out of the room saying, "It's 4:50, you've got ten minutes." You walked into the dining hall to see almost every scout inside. Hanji called you over, "Y/n, over here!" You walked over to her and her table.

She sat with the people she always does, Levi, Armin, Jean, Connie, and Mikasa. You sat down, and as usual, Levi slid you a plate of food. "Thank you, Captain" Armin said proudly, "Well, it looks like your ankle is fine!" You, Hanji, and Levi turned your head towards him. Hanji spat, "It's broken. Dickface" Jean asked you, "Where's Eren?" You replied, "He just woke up. He'll be down here shortly" Connie asked, "Are you nervous about seeing a certain person?" You took a bite of your food and said, "Very. I'm really nervous about seeing the kids, Gabi and Falco. Their gonna try and run up and hug me, I know it. I just-"

You stopped speaking once you realized that the rest of your friends simply don't care. They most likely don't want to hear about two children from their enemy civilization. You stated, "Sorry." Connie said, "No it's okay, I asked. I'm sure everyone at the table wanted to know anyway. Continue" You cleared your throat, "Id rather not" Just then, Eren sat down next to you and asked, "What did I miss?" Mikasa replied, "Nothing."

He took a strawberry off of your plate and popped it in his mouth. Levi scoffed, "Go get your own damn food." Eren asked, "Why do you get y/n food but not the rest of us? We all have to get our own food!" Levi looked Eren dead in the eye and mumbled, "I don't like the rest of you." Eren stood up and said, "Seems to be that Captain Levi's still recovering from y/n saying Hanji is her favorite Captain." Levi looked down at his food and said, "Well, look whose sitting here with a note" You asked, "Can you let the note go?" Hanji told Levi, "You don't want to start with me Levi. She said I'm her favorite, deal with it"

Levi replied, "Sure. Sure." Mikasa asked you, "Well y/n, which Captain is your favorite?" You said, "I want you guys to answer that first." Without hesitation Connie asked, "Is that even a question? Hanji of course, Captain Levi just said that he doesn't like us" The rest nodded in agreement. Hanji blushed. "Aww you guys!" Jean asked, "So y/n, who is it?" You answered, "Captain Levi" Hanji yelled, "What?! No! She's saying that out of pity, she feels bad!" You replied, "I'm really not. Captain Levi calls me his daughter, he gets me food every morning, always lets me off easy with punishments, and saved me from torture that you sentenced me to."

For the first time, you saw Levi smile. Jean stood up and exclaimed, "Look Captain Levi's smiling!" Everyone turned to look at him. It was important you saw because it happens very rarely. Levi stood up and said, "You freaks. Stop. It's time to head out to wall Maria anyway. Let's go" Everyone started to get up and walk. Eren caught up to you and said, "I didn't even get to eat." You said, "I'll make you whatever you want once we come back. What would you like?" He said, "Fresh fruit sounds good."