Chapter 14: Preliminary Matches

Sasuke smirked as Yoroi rush him. 'Easy win.' He struck out at the other genin but his strike was pushed to the side as Yoroi grabbed onto his shirt and a blue glow surrounded his hand. Sasuke immediately panicked as he felt chakra being drawn out of him. He could already feel his strength ebbing and quickly pushed the other boy off him as he staggered backwards. Yoroi didn't give him a chance to recover though and was back on him in a second. Unfortunately for the Uchiha he was reflexive on his taijutsu and tried for a take-down. His choice of moves proved too hazardous though as Yoroi casually turned his hand and once again grabbed Sasuke's chest.

Up in the balcony Sakura was being restrained by Kakashi as she yelled down at the boy attacking her love. She threw every insult she knew at him and demanded he let go of her Sasuke-kun, even going so far as to promising that her mother would get the village council to execute him if he didn't give up. The other genin just shook their heads at her while the jōnin and Hokage either rolled their eyes or tried to not look completely embarrassed.

Sasuke got a lucky kick in and managed to get away from Yoroi. He gripped his neck in pain as the Ten no Juin began to act up. Deciding he had to end this match quickly, less he sensei completely take away his new power, he looked to the balconies for inspiration. First he looked to Naruto, but the boy had given him absolutely nothing to work with during their little spar. Next he looked over to one of his other recent fights. Rock Lee. Smirking again he faced his opponent and charged. Yoroi got ready to counter, but was unprepared when Sasuke dropped from his field of vision. By the time he figured out to look down it was too late as he was launched into the air. He felt a poke at his back as Sasuke appeared behind him. "This is the end." Sasuke whispered to him, but was once again gripped by the pain from his seal. With sheer willpower he pushed the seal back and commenced his attack starting with a kick to Yoroi's side. The kick was easily blocked, but Sasuke just used that as leverage for a kick to the boy's other side which connected with a *crunch*. Continuing his onslaught he was about to punt Yoroi back to the arena floor, but before his foot could land it was caught, and with a spin Sasuke was now the one headed for the hard stone surface of the ground.

"You rely too much on others achievements Uchiha Sasuke." Yoroi said evenly, quite obviously not impressed with the display.

"You blocked one of my attacks and now you think you will win? You are no match for the might of the Uchiha. Pay with your life you insignificant insect." Sasuke gritted his teeth in anger at the fight taking so long in front of an audience. He was an elite so why was this worm able to last so long against him?

Up in the stands a slight buzzing could be heard as Shino's hive reacted to his irritation at Sasuke's indirect jab at his family. The avenger was definitely winning no friends today.

Sakura was now at the end of the balcony closest to the proctor and Hokage, yelling for them to call the match in Sasuke's favor before a rather sour looking Kakashi yanked her off the railing and back to where they had originally been sitting, binding and gagging her. "You can stay like that until your match. None of us need to hear your whining, so just shut up and watch."

Meanwhile with Naruto. "Let's see...Don't fight the red headed Suna-nin, Gaara, he's just bad news and the rest of his team don't look like pushovers either. Lee is also very strong, so try to stay out of taijutsu with him If you can. The Oto you can all probably take out, but be careful of their attacks. The Kiri team we didn't get much on, so be careful, just in case. The only other Konoha-nin I'd be worried about is Neji. He reminds me too much of Sasuke and will probably do anything to win." The all noticed Hinata flinch at the mention of her cousin, and it wasn't long before she started to get visibly nervous. Naruto placed his hand over hers in comfort as she looked towards him and away from her cousin. "It'll be fine Hinata. If you have to fight him just do your best. As long as you give it your all you can win."