Chapter 29: Falling Cherry Blossoms

Second, My sister is getting married this month so I only anticipate one more update until July. I have a bachelor party next weekend and the actual ceremony is the last weekend of June, so there is a high chance that there won't be updates those two weekends. That's not a definite though, so just don't expect it to happen.

Finally, the recent chapters have been somewhat dark an boring for some, I know. This one has an exceptionally dark part in it which shouldn't come around again for a long time I hope. Things will lighten up a bit soon, but there will still be drama. There are some big events happening in the next few chapters and then some of the previous set ups will come to fruition. Expect anything and everything.

· · · · · ·

Once again Hinata found herself tending the garden when a Hyūga came to the gate. This time it was a female, small, slender and very young. Hinata almost cried out at the sight of her sister. The girls simply stood there and looked at each other for a few minutes until Hanabi arched an eyebrow and coughed to bring back her older sister's attention.

"H-Hanabi? What are you doing here?"It had seemed so long since she had seen her sister that Hinata wasn't quite sure how to react. She wasn't even certain of her sister's standing on the issue of her getting banished from the clan. Would she be ashamed, angry, scornful?

"Hinata, you seem to believe you are above your position. I was lead to believe that since you are no longer a Hyūga that you should address me as my station as clan heir dictates."

The snobbish tone in her sister's voice immediately caused Hinata's brow to knit as her eyes narrowed. "Perhaps that is the belief of your father, however many believe otherwise. Perhaps if your clan was indeed superior to everyone, then you would garner such respect. The Hyūga are not almighty though, and I would challenge anyone who says otherwise. We have all seen the results of such thinking."

"I fail to see your standpoint. We are the pinocle of this village's hierarchy. Those who think otherwise should learn their place in the world. Just because we decided to cut out our defective members does not make us weak by any means."

"Tell that to Neji-nīsan. The last time I saw him fight he ended up being taken away on a stretcher because of Naruto-kun." Hinata countered.

"Ah yes, your dear boyfriend the failure." Hanabi watched her sister's nostrils flair and smirked. "He had to resort to cheap tricks in order to defeat one of us. Take away his tricks and he would be as helpless as you."

"We are ninja. We use what we have in order to win our battles. I understand you don't know a lot about the reality of the real world we live in dear sister, but you will wake up soon enough. Once you become a full ninja, and kill, you'll understand. At least I hope you will."

"Well, if there is anything positive that came from you being shamed, at least you've dropped your annoying stuttering." Hanabi sneered.

"That's is because I had to grow up faster if I wanted to stand up to that man that supplied his genes for my birth. Naruto-kun helped me more than that egotistical asshole ever did!"

"You watch your mouth about what you say about father! He is a great man, and you couldn't compare to him in a million years!"

"He may seem a great man to you, but to me he's nothing but a disgrace that leads a disgraceful clan." Now it was Hinata's turn to smirk as her sister visibly fumed.

"I dare you to say that to my face. Open this gate and let me in and I'll show you just how weak you are." The small Hyūga ground out.

"No, I will not open the gate." Hanabi growled and was about to retort before Hinata beat her to it. "No it's not because I'm scared, this is not my estate and I am not authorized to let you in."