Chapter 28: Lessons Learned

The council chambers were filled once more with all of those who were able to make the attendance. Indeed the only empty seats were those which once belonged to the Haruno and the honorary seat that used to be Danzo's. The event had brought every civilian council member as well as all of the clan heads to the table. Standing off to one side were others of high standing in the village, including Hatake Kakashi, Morino Ibiki and Sarutobi Asuma who had wheeled one guest of honor for his temporary relief from the hospital for this occasion.

Yes, in his rightful place sat Sarutobi Hiruzen, Sandaime Hokage of Konohagakure no Sato and he couldn't be more...displeased. He had finally caught up to the happenings in the village since his injuries and he was far from happy with what he had discovered. He sat, glaring at the civilians and despite the contraptions that he still had connected to himself, they were all shrinking back in their seats.

"So...The Haruno and the Uchiha decided it would be a good idea to steal Uzumaki Naruto's belongings, and to top that off the villagers tried to take advantage of the open gate like it was a yard sale with a free sign over the house. Please, tell me if I've missed anything."

"Hokage-sama, they were merely doing what they believed to be best in order to help the Uchiha get stronger, and the populace was simply trying to..." Junzo tried to reason with the old man.

"They were trying to take things that they had no rights to whatsoever. Indeed there is no one in this village who deserves those items more than Naruto for all the shit you people put them through." He tried to pound his fist on the table, but due to his weakness it ended up as a simple tap.

"But nothing was stolen in the end from his house and yet he killed so many, civilians and shinobi alike, when he could have easily just escorted them off of his property." The warehouse owner countered.

"Yes, he could have, but because he is a property owner now, he has the right to deal with trespassers as he sees fit. Since those that went in had the intent to steal his possessions, not just the things that Minato left behind but items that he bought after he became the rightful owner of the estate, he had every right to do what he did. He currently has others living with him as well and their items were also being boxed up, according to the reports I was given. Do you have an excuse for those as well?" Denbe made to open his mouth, but Hiruzen stopped his train of thought instantly. "If I hear one word about their association to the boy being a good enough reason to rob them I will see to it that the owner of that voice is banned from all future council meetings."

"Y-you can't do that!"

The aged Hokage glared at the man. "I am Hokage. This is my village. You will not tell me what to do!"

"...H-hai...Hokage-sama..." The pudgy man suck a bit deeper into his seat from the killing intent that was coming is way. Not just from Hiruzen but Tsunade and Jiraiya as well, whom at the moment were flanking their sensei.

"I am pleased, however, that the instigators of this raid on Uzumaki Naruto's estate were properly handled." He nodded his thanks to the ninja side of the council as well as Ibiki, whom he continued to address. "I trust they are getting their just punishments?"

"Hai, Hokage-sama. They have been treated with the best care we had to offer. Ironically it was Uzumaki-san's own methods that broke them in the first place." He took a glance at the table in front of him and debated for a moment. "I do have slight concerns about the actions of one of my interrogators whom saw himself as unfit to continue the interrogation of Haruno Isako due to supposed personal reasons of which he was not forthcoming."

Deciding that now was not the time to discuss such topics, Inoichi intercepted the coming question. "Hokage-sama, I will discuss the reasoning behind my actions in regards to Haruno Isako at a later time of your choosing. I promise you that my reasons were just and you will most likely agree with them." To his relief, and some peoples' discontent, the old man nodded in acceptance.