Chapter 21: The Legendary Healer

It had been a few hours since they left Konoha and they were now approaching the first town in their travels. "Ne, Ero-Sennin, we're looking for Tsunade to heal Jiji-san right? So, why aren't we in more of a rush?"

Jiraiya cursed the boy's perception as they walked. "Well, um, I'm just not anxious to see my old teammate is all...eh heh..." It was partially true. She did, after all, while did fill out some of his fantasies she also didn't like being in his fantasies to begin with.

"...Yeah, and I'll believe that for about zero seconds. Aside from the fact that she's female and she needs to heal Jiji, why aren't you in a hurry to find her?'

Jiraiya was a little angry with the statement. "What? Finding the one person who may be able to heal my, possibly dying, sensei isn't enough? It's because of that man's teachings that I'm even here today I'll have you know. We're just not in that much of a rush because Tsunade can be rather elusive, so we have to be thorough."

Naruto lowered his gaze to the ground. Sure Jiraiya had taught him things for the finals, but they hadn't been around each other nearly as much as the sannin had been around Sarutobi. Now he felt rather bad for questioning the man's anxiousness to find the medic. The two walked in silence for a while before Naruto decided his course of action. "Sorry..."

"Don't worry about it. Let's just focus on finding Tsunade. We can't rush because we might miss her if we do. She moves often, so there's no telling where she could be." His temper was cooling now that they came up to the town's entrance. The noise that welcomed them was similar to that of the streets of Konoha just before the main fights of the chūnin exams. "Hah, a festival. I...guess It won't hurt to relax a little. Naruto, we'll be staying here tonight. Feel free to explore whatever you want and we'll meet at the hotel in the center of town later."

Naruto looked around at the people visiting the entertainment stalls. It definitely looked...fun, and no one seemed to be glaring at him as they passed. It was so different from Konoha. He brought out his wallet and considered it for a moment before taking out a few ryou notes and pocketed them. That would be his limit for the day. Just because he wanted to have a little fun that he never really got to do back home, didn't mean he was going to blow all his hard earned money.

"Oh hoo! That's quiet the savings you have there. I don't think you should be walking around here with that much money on you, it could get stolen in a crowd like this. Why don't you give it to me to guard for now while you go enjoy yourself."

Naruto seemed to consider the sannin for a minute before shrugging and digging his wallet back out and handing it over. Jiraiya shuffled his hair before walking off as he tossed the wallet in the air casually. He made it about twenty feet before he heard a small poof. Looking down, he saw a small bundle of...something where Naruto's wallet once was. Seeing edges to whatever he held, he lifted it by them and let the object unfold. It only took a fraction of a second of him holding it in front of his face to realize that he was holding a pair of woman's panties. That was a fraction of a second too long though as he started to hear low growling all around him.

Naruto walked down the middle of the street playing his pipes as he took in the sights. He only stopped once to smile as he heard the girlish cries for help from his sensei. 'Try to take my money and that's what you get, Ero-Sennin.' Walking forward once again he was able to visit many of the booths and try out some real festival foods for once. The only thing he thought may have matched this atmosphere was sitting at his own table with his girlfriends, not that there was much of a contest in that respect. Thinking of them though, he decided he could splurge a little and get them some trinkets, so he kept his eyes open for anything the girls might like. Everything from jewelery and clothing to food and games was displayed as he caroused the festival and over the course of a couple hours he was able to find everything he wanted before he decided to look for the hotel that Jiraiya had told him about earlier.