6

Festival de Estilo is probably the wildest event to take place in New Los Angeles. It comes every two years, but its impression makes up for the long gap. It's a three day long event that starts on Friday. There's live music, fantastic food, and tons of activities to do. People are a little sex crazed but that is part of the fun. The real unique thing about this festival, though, is the fashion. You'll see trends dating decades or styles ahead of their time. I think eighty or so years ago they had an festival called Cochella, and that's where inspiration for this was drawn from. Except Festival de Estilo puts on the New Los Angeles extravagance that nobody can top.

Though I could make a fashion statement, I just don't think that is the wisest idea. I decided to wear a plain, skimpy jumpsuit and sparkly makeup. I get stares regardless, but at least I'm not as memorable as others. I came along with my friends so I don't seem like I'm only here for Jett, but Ramiro and Oren said they would meet me here after work. I know my brother will also be stopping by with a couple of friends too.

I've already snuck off to find Jett. He's not a difficult man to trace in the streets. You just have to look for a place where the lights are dimmed. Sure enough he's near the darkness I spotted. His shirt is missing, but his neck hangs a long pendant to distract from his abs. The black utility pants he has on are thick, and for decoration they have all sorts of straps and buckles. The only sort of makeup he has is a little bit of black glitter on his cheeks. Right now he's making conversation with a couple of people that recognize him.

"Jett!" I sing.

He quickly hears my voice and looks up. After excusing himself from the people he jogs over to me.

"Hey..." he grins as he checks out my attire.

"You look amazing. I love the glitter!"

He doesn't respond because he is still looking at me, speechless.

"Come on! I saw a game I want to try!" I cheer right before grabbing his arm.

I hate playing so naive, but it is the only way to accomplish such a plan.

We ended up playing a bunch of the games. Both of us have a competitive side that made us take them way too seriously. We had to start denying the prizes and just brag to one another.

After that we went and watched some shows. There were comedy routines and all sort of musical performances, but my favorites were the displays of talent. One person manipulated a water show, and another group did a dance routine with fire. Their gifts allowed them to accomplish such fantastic things. They all truly took my breath away.

Now him and I have found another bench to sit on. We get to watch the sunset in the little amount of sky we can see. The lights have become more noticeable, meaning the darker area we sit in has too.

"Do you go out with girls a lot?" I ask.

"What?" he replies, confused by my question.

"Well if you have to keep friends secret, surely dates are even riskier."

"Oh. Well yeah. Not anymore than a normal person I suppose. I just have to be careful. This crowd is massive, and it's full of self centered people. Nobody is going to notice me here, especially when I'm dressed so different."

Wow, he really puts a lot of thought into his outings. I can't imagine what it would be like to have that much caution.

"And who said this was a date?" he smirks.

I chuckle and take a look around. I can't believe I'm actually enjoying spending time with this guy.

"You see that star?" he asks, pointing at the sky.