14

"We start today's broadcast with the shocking scandal that had everyone up last night awaiting some sort of update. While the details of the situation are still limited, we do know for fact that Chief of Defense Adrian Kenward has slept with not only the Space Branch Admiral's daughter, but his son's alleged girlfriend, meaning he has cheated on his wife as well. This footage was taken by Kenward's Assistant Nathan Mannings, who's superhearing gift allowed him to catch what others were oblivious to in the Pentagon yesterday afternoon."

A video from just outside the office door plays. The audio is my own extreme moans and noisy furniture. You can hear one grunt come from Adrian, but otherwise it is all me. I've never heard them played back to me before... Not even when I showed Ramiro and Oren the footage after I got back yesterday. I had to leave the room because I couldn't stand listening to it.

The next footage is of me leaving his office on the security cameras. That is followed by more security footage of the darkness inside the room, and footage from outside the blacked-out office windows. I know that he has already been fired for taking footage on Government grounds, but I'm sure he felt that cause was worth it.

"Adrian Kenward has accused Miss Stefano of being a seductress, though her said boyfriend, his son, Jett says otherwise."

It cuts to a sit down interview with Jett. He is composed, but there is disappointment in his eyes.

"She isn't a seductress, or at least she never used that ability on me. What we had was real."

It cuts away. I know that wasn't the full interview, but I had already seen it.

"Earlier our crew caught her father Admiral Gabriel Stefano outside of the military base this morning. This is the footage of his comment:"

It cuts to my father, in uniform, right outside the gates. Seems like the cameras are almost hassling him, because he keeps walking to not get distracted.

"My daughter is no seductress. Her mother didn't have a gift, so neither does she. I even had her tested for seduction in front of my own eyes, and the soldier she utilized can attest to as much."

It cuts away once again.

"And now, live coverage of President Paloma Pérez's statement."

Once again it cuts, this time to our president in front of the usual stand. She has a script, but I can tell she won't be needing it.

"Sexual Intercourse while committed to your duties on Pentagon grounds is a violation of the ordinance we uphold in the building. While not definite, it is a possibly fireable offense. Each and every person who earned their place in the government is judged with the same standards; no partiality to seniority, reputation, or importance. Due to the ill-favored nature of the infraction, it has been decided that Adrian Kenward will be released from his duties as Chief of Defense, effective immediately. We appreciate and honor him for the work he has done, and will continue to do for our country, but his 20 year career in this position has come to an end today. Officials and I will be appointing a new Chief of Defense in the coming days, but I will however squash any theories that Admiral Gabriel Stefano has the chance to replace Adrian. His indirect involvement in the transgression is not preferable for the job. That is all I have on the matter, so I ask you stay respectful, and stay kind. Thank you," she smiles before walking away.

She is finally the leader of our country. Not Adrian, who has been for the past 22 years. I know she will do an incredible job. Not only is she intelligent, but she is just a good person. What president has ever ended a speech the way she just did?? The public is finally going to see her as the badass that she is, and I can't feel disappointed in myself for that.