Chapter 5

My vision slowly returns along with the feeling in my body. It takes a moment for me to realize that I'm in a bed considerably bigger than the one back home. Second, I'm in no pain. In fact I haven't felt better. The pain in my lungs and ribs is gone and the bruises on my arms are too. "You awake!" An all too familiar voice says. My eyes snap to the corner of the large room where a shadowy figure sits. I sit up and pull the blanket around me since I'm still naked. "I was beginning to think you'd gone into a coma." Dane stands and walks towards the bed to sit next to me.

"Why am I here?" I whisper, unable to yell anymore. "Why are you doing this to me?" A strange look crosses over Dane's features.

"I didn't want it to happen this way." He tells me. "But when you somehow got away from my father after your attack I knew I needed to find you as quickly as possible."

"But why? Why did you need to find me? And why won't you leave me alone?" Tears start pouring down my cheeks before I can stop them.

"Please don't cry, Remi." Dane says, wiping away tears with his thumb. "I promise you everything will be okay. You'll get your answers soon enough. I swear to you."

"I want to know now, Dane!" A funny smile spreads across his face."W-what?" I ask, scooting away.

"That's the first time you've said my name." He laughs. "I kind of liked it."

"Would you rather it be a psychotic prick?" I ask. His smile widens.

"You're sassy." He comments. "And very strong willed. You'll fit right in."

"Right into where?" I demand. He stands and goes over to the door.

"Right in here." He gestures around the room. "Your new home." He opens the door and steps out. "Get dressed and meet me downstairs in ten."

"And if I don't?" I ask. He looks at me with a smirk.

"You will." And then he leaves.

Dane-

I can feel in the pit of my stomach Remi is anxious and scared. I tried to calm her as much as I could but when daddy dearest calls you come so I had to leave. Walking away from her while she was scared like that took everything in me. Day one and I'm already a terrible mate. Knocking on my dad's office door I waited for him to say I was allowed to come in before opening the door and stepping in. "Hello son." My father greets me. "Have a seat." I walk over to the leather chair in front of my dad's desk and sit like I was told. "Have you talked to the girl yet?" He asks.

"She has a name you know." My mothers voice says.

"Like I care." Dad huffs.

"Yes father, I have talked to her. She's very scared and confused right now but she's tough and hides it well." I tell him.

"As she should be." Mother states.

"Will you shut up Grace!" Father yells. Mother goes quiet but I can tell he's going to get hell for that later. "The girl will be fine. All she has to do is bear you a few pups. There's no need for the dramatics."

"Is that all I was to you Michael?" Mother asks. "A play toy?"

"No-" She cuts him off, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder.

"Then what makes you think she'd be any different to our son than I was to you?"

"You're right." Father sighs, running a hand through his tattered faded black hair. "I'm sorry son. I just got so caught up in an heir I wasn't thinking right."

"It's alright father." I assure him.

"Tell... Remington everything she needs to know. When she's ready, let her meet the rest of the pack."

"Yes sir." I stand and turn towards the door.

"And Dane!" Father calls after me. "Don't take forever. The pack needs an heir sooner rather than later."

Remi-

I got dressed, like Dane told me to, in blue jeans and a gray tank top I found in what I assume is Dane's closet. Sitting on the edge of the king sized bed, my legs bounce in nervousness as I think of a way I can escape and go home, or at least find Jen. A knock breaks me from my thoughts. I go to the door and press my ear to it. "Who is it?" I ask.

"My name is Stella. I'm here to assist you to the dining hall." A timid voice tells me. I slowly let myself open the door and take in the small girl in front of me. She has platinum blonde hair and stormy gray eyes. There was a faint similarity between her and Dane.

"The dining hall?" I repeat.

"Yes Luna. My brother has sent me to show you to the dining hall." She clarifies.

"My name's Remington not Luna." I tell her. "But you can call me Remi."

"Okay..." Stella smiles. "Come with me please, Remi." Without warning she takes my hand. I debated pulling away from her but decided if she really wanted to hurt me she most likely already would have.

It didn't take long for me to realize that the place I was being held was huge. The hallway felt like they went on for days and the stairs were so big I was sure they could take up my entire house. Finally though Stella brought me to the dining hall where I saw Dane and two others I assume are his parents by the similarities between them. "I'm so glad you could make it sweetheart." The woman says when I walk in. "I'm Grace, Dane's mother, and this is Michael, his Father."

"Alpha Micheal." The man corrects.

"Father." I hear Dane warn quietly.

"She needs to learn the customs of a pack, Dane." Alpha Michael snaps.

"Why don't you have a seat next to Dane sweetheart." Grace offers, pointing with a perfectly manicured hand. Slowly I make my way over to the chair and sit. Stella follows and pats my shoulder in comfort. I can feel Dane looking at me but refuse to look back. "You must have so many questions." Grace comments delicately. I can feel a snarky comment coming up my throat but swallow it down,

"Why am I here?" I ask.

"Because my son needed a mate and all of the females we have are taken." Alpha Michael replies. "Don't worry child after you've provided an heir you'll be free to do whatever you want." He pauses. "Except leave of course." I nearly choke on my saliva.

"And heir?!" I repeat. "Like a kid?"

"Is she stupid or something?" Alpha Michael asks to know one in particular.

"Father!" Dane scolds.

"Yes sweetheart," Grace answers. "A child. You will need to mate with Dane and provide a child, or pup as we like to call them, in at least three months." I stare at them dumbfounded.

"I'm sorry but I refuse to have anything to do with your son." I tell these people. I feel Dane tense beside me. "And I don't know who you think you are bringing me here and telling me all of this but I assure you that when I get out of here I'll add extra details of this little conversation to the police!"

"How dare you!" Alpha Michael yells standing from his seat. "This is my home and you will not disrespect me!"

"You kidnapped me!" I yell back. "Respect is long gone, asshole!" Alpha Michael started shaking with anger. I could see him growing and I thought it was just my imagination but then his clothes started ripping to shreds and I knew something was wrong with him.

"Remi, get back." Dane says quietly, standing from his chair along with Stella and Grace. Stella takes my shoulder and pushes me behind her. "Father, calm down. She didn't mean anything by it." Alpha Michael lets out a thunderous growl. Then suddenly he's flying over the table and I feel my body contorting into something new. In a few seconds Alpha Michael is not a human anymore and neither am I. Instead we both have four paws and a tail. Werewolves.

What did you think of Dane's perspective? Also does anyone remember Wizards of Waverly Place?