Chapter 19

Dane

Two months. Two fucking months and no one has been able to find anything on Remi. My wolf and I were going crazy not being able to even feel the connection with our mate anymore. Whoever had taken her did something to our connection and was going to pay for it. Painfully. As I sit, staring at the wall in my new office, a knock sounds at the door. "Come in." I say lifelessly. The door creaks open and Stella's head pops in followed by Jen and Nico who refuses to leave Jen's side. "What do you want?" I growl. Stella comes around to my side of the desk and hands me a folder.

"These are all the missing wolves I can find within the last seven years." She tells me. "All of them are female."

"There had to be at least two hundred she-wolves here." I say as I flip through each report.

"I'm not saying they've all been taken." Stella defends. "But what she-wolf do you know that would run away knowing the dangers?"

"Remi would." Jen whispers. Besides me she's taken Remi's disappearance the worst.

"She did." Stella laughs lightly. "Just to get to you." Her eyes wander to Jen.

"She must be going in sane wherever she is." Nico comments.

"I can just see her fighting and throwing an attitude at anyone she can." Jen laughs but soon starts crying. "God damn I miss her." Nico pulls her into a tight hug and lets her sob into his shoulder.

"She's not dead." I snap. "I'm going to find her. Whether it be today, tomorrow or ten years from now. I will have my mate back."

"Dane?" An all too familiar voice says faintly in my head. "Dane, if you can hear me I love-" Remi's voice cuts off and I find myself yelling for her to come back.

"Remi?! Remi, please come back to me!" I plead. Tears brim my eyes and cascade down my cheeks but I don't care.

"Dane?" Stella asks. "Dane, what's wrong?"

"Remi-" I choke out. "I heard her."

"Well try to reach her again!" Jen screeches.

"Remi?!" I try again. "Remi?!" And just like that our connection barrier breaks and all of her thoughts flood my mind. "I can hear her!" I exclaim. "I can feel her!."

"Find out where she is!" Stella snaps back.

"Dane!" Remi calls out.

"I'm here, love. I'm here." I tell her.

"I-I'm in an abandoned warehouse in the middle of nowhere. Please, you have to help us." She pleads desperately.

"Close your eyes and think really hard about a white surface. Think of nothing." I order her.

"Okay." She breaths. At first all I see is her, in a dark, dirty cell, curled up in a corner, holding her very pregnant belly, but then she does as I asked and I can feel where she is. Like I'm there with her. Grabbing what I assume is a pen, but can't tell with my closed eyes, I start writing things down that I see through her eyes. When the image suddenly fades away and I can no longer hear Remi I open my eyes again and look at the paper, with Jen, Stella and Nico right behind me.

"I know that place." Jen says suddenly. "My parents work there. Or at least they work with someone who does. I remember my dad taking me there once but he made me stay in the car."

"Do you think you could get us there again?" Stella asks. Jen thinks for a moment before nodding.

"It's about an hour away from here by car so we should be able to get there in less than thirty minutes in our wolf forms.