Chapter 11

Dane

My entire body tenses at her words. Mark her? I knew we were becoming more than friends but I never imagined she'd be to this point so fast. "Remi I-" I choke on my own words.

"I want to know that if I ever go missing you'll always be able to find me." She whispers. "And..."

"And?" I press anxiously. Her bright eyes meet mine.

"I think I'm ready to be your mate."

"Mate!" My wolf howls. "Mark her! Make her ours!"

"A-are you sure you want this?" I ask, ignoring my wolf. "Once it's done It can never be undone. We'd be connected for the rest of our lives."

"I'm sure Dane." She tells me. "Mark me."

"We have time, Remi. If you want to wait-" She cuts me off by smashing her lips to mine. A growl leaves my throat as I pull her closer to me. I swipe my tongue along her lips asking for entrance that she refuses with a smile. Growling again I bite down on her lower lip, making her gasp and, and shove my tongue in. She growls but doesn't complain any more. When we break away to breathe, my lips travel down her jaw to her neck where I begin licking the spot I'm going to mark. Her hands grip my hair, pulling me closer and keeping me in place. I graze my canines against her skin causing her to moan loudly. "Moan for me again." I whisper. I can tell she's trying to hold herself back but when I bite down on her sweet spot she can't. Again she moans, louder than last time.

"Dane." She groans impatiently. I can't help but chuckle. Then before she can pull away I sink my teeth in my skin. She yelps but soon relaxes against me. When I pull my teeth out I lick the blood away and look into her eyes. They're heavy with sleep and she sways a little in my arms.

"Sleep love. I'll be here when you wake up."

"Don't I need to mark you though?" She asks.

"You don't have to do it now." I tell her.

"I want to." She whispers.

"Okay." I turn my head to the side, giving her my neck. She hesitates but I can tell when her wolf takes over and she knows what to do. Without warning she sinks her teeth in the soft spot on my neck. I tense for a moment but find that it's actually kind of nice, and relax into her. When she pulls her teeth away I feel powerful. Remi gazes at me with a hopeful smile. "That was amazing." I whisper.

"I'm going to find Jen. I don't think it's a good idea for her to be alone." With a small hesitate kiss she leaves and I can't help but feel a wave of loneliness go through me. Just as I'm about to head for a shower a knock sounds at the door.

"Dane!" Nico yells through the mind link. "Remi needs you. Jens hurt!"

Remi-

The mark on my neck tingles as I walk around the corner of the building. A smile graces my lips as I walk. I can still feel Dane's lips on mine, biting and moving in sync with mine. I could tell he was fighting his wolf when I left which was why I left so quickly. Just as I'm about to head in a different direction to find Jen I hear her familiar scream. In a flash I take off in the direction of the scream until I get to a back alley way. That's when I see Jen. Blood pools around her unconscious body and a knife sticks out from her stomach. "No no no no!" I scream, rushing to her side and throwing myself down by her. My hands find her wound and attempt to put pressure on it but they shake too much.

"Remi?" Parker's familiar voice asks from behind me. I look up at him with tears pouring down my cheeks. Nico stands behind him, a look of horror on his face.

"Go get Dane!" I scream. Nico takes off and Parker comes to my side.

"Calm down Remi." He orders softly but I hear the panic in his voice. "She'll be okay."

"I-I-I c-can't l-lose her." I sob.

"You won't." He tells me. Dane and Nico appear by my side. Dane tried to pull me away but I screamed for him to let me go.

"Remi, calm down baby. She'll be okay." He rocks me back and forth in his arms.

"I'm calling Luna Grace." Parker yells as he pulls his phone out.

"Help her!" I cry. Nico remains frozen at Jen's side, applying pressure to her wound.

"Your mothers on her way." Parker announces. "She should be here in about ten minutes if she runs fast enough."

"We don't have ten minutes!" I scream at him. Dane holds me tighter as I struggle and shake uncontrollably.

"We need to get her inside." Parker says.

"Who would do this?!" I sob into Dane 's chest.

"I don't know, baby. But I promise you we'll find out." Nico and Parker gently lift Jen's limp body and begin carrying her to the hotel. Dane tries to carry me too but I struggle out of his hold and run to catch up with Jen. When we get back to the room the boys lay her on one of the beds and I sit next to her, holding her hand in mine.

A knock sounds at the door about ten minutes later. Nico rushed to open it but I remained frozen, numb to the world except for Dane who held me tight in his arms. Grace steps in without a greeting and rushes to Jen's side. "She's lost a lot of blood but you did the right thing by applying pressure." She tells us.

"Will she be alright?" Nico asks.

"That's the problem." Grace sighs. "Even if I can stop the bleeding, she still has internal damage. She'll die." A choked noise comes from my throat but I can't bring myself to move or look away from my best friend.

"What can we do?" Dane asks, pulling me tighter against him.

"Well," She starts, "we could always turn her." This breaks me out of my trance.

"Like Into a werewolf?" I ask in a hoarse voice.

"Yes." She answers. "Either Dane or I would have to bite her. It's the only way. She doesn't have much longer. I'm surprised she lasted this long for a human." My heart beats loudly in my chest. "It's your choice sweetheart."

"I-" My eyes travel to Nico who's looking at me with such pleading eyes I can feel his pain. "Do it." I whisper. "I can't lose her too."

"Dane?" Grace says. "It's you or me."

"You." He says immediately. "I'm not leaving Remi." Grace nods and takes a seat next to Jen. She angles her head down my Jen's wrist and without a second's thought bites down. I hold my breath, tense in Dane's arms, and wait for any sign my best friend will be okay.

"Let's take you to the other room." Dane whispers, lifting me into his arms. I don't fight this time. Instead I lay my head on his shoulder and close my eyes, falling into a deep sleep before we even leave the room.