Epilogue

Remi four years later

"Again!" Annalise or Annie as we all call her chants, clapping her small hands and bouncing on Dane's lap.

"Same story?" Grace asks with a laugh. Annie nods excitedly and claps more.

"Make it quick though." I tell Grace. "I need to get the pups and her to bed soon."

"What's the fun in that?" She asks. "Let them stay up."

"You're not the one who has to deal with their crankiness in the morning." I mumble to myself. Grace hushes me and starts the story that has become Annie's favorite since she was a pup.

"Once upon a time there was a beautiful woman by the name of Selene who had powers beyond our imaginations." She pauses for effect. "She was in love with the idea of love and easily fell for men on a whim. One night after having many encounters with men she found out she was carrying a child. At the same time a group of dangerous women were gathering to kill Selene for taking their husbands away from them. But Selene was smart, she knew those women were after her so she ran. She ran until she stumbled upon a pack of wolves who weren't like other blood hungry beasts. They were gentle." Grace smiles fondly. "So Selene stayed with them up until it was time for her to give birth. The she-wolves helped her through it as best as they could and finally after hours of labor she gave birth to a little girl just as beautiful as her. Her name was Luna. And so the two humans lived with the wolves in peace until one day hunters came while Luna was searching for berries and killed her." A sad wave falls on all of us. "Selene was enraged at the loss of her only child. As a result she used the little magic she still possessed and turned the wolves into humans so they could fight the hunters evenly. She was powerful but she always used her magic for good. Once the hunters were defeated the wolves wanted to go back to their usual self but Selene was too weak and on the verge of dying herself. On her deathbed, with all the wolves surrounding her she cast one final gift. Those wolves would get to change from Human to wolves anytime they pleased. She called them the forest warriors and named the head of the group the Alpha along with his mate the Luna after her beloved daughter. With that final gift her power was spent and she took her final breath."

"What happened next?" Annie asks as if she doesn't already know. Grace smiles.

"Well the forest warriors learned how to live with the humans and the other forest animals while protecting both. Eventually their offspring became the warriors and so on and so forth. Different wolves decided they didn't want the same things so they broke off and became their own packs. Now we have packs everywhere."

"What about me and mommy?" Annie asks, tilting her head to the side.

"What about you two?" She asks.

"Our wolves are different from daddy and brothers. They sparkle!" Annie comments.

"After Selene died she became one with the moon and her daughter with the stars. Together they decided to make special wolves that were stronger and faster than others so that everyone had someone to look out for them. Your wolf's coat sparkles like the stars and gray like the moon. You two are the closest descendent to the moon goddess and her daughter we have."

"Cool!" Annie squeals over excitedly. I can tell she's tired because her golden eyes droop a little. Looking around the living room I can't help the feeling of belonging that fills me. Stella sits next to her mate Maverick who holds their twin boys Owen and Levi. Jen is next to them as happy as ever with Nico, her pregnant belly ready to pop. My family finally feels like a family. Dane and I with our four almost five kids, happily taking care of our pack side by side, overcoming any obstacles in our way. Together. Just as it should be.

"Okay, time for bed." I announce, sitting up.

"Aw." Annie whines.

"The boys are already asleep." Dane says nodding towards the other couch where our triplet boys Phoenix, Griffin, and Evander, all sleep in a pile like they always do.

"I'll get them. You get Annie." I tell him, struggling to get with my huge pregnant belly. Dane lightly pushes me back down and places Annie on the floor despite her objection.

"I've got them. You just head up to our room and get to bed."

"But-"

"Now." He orders. I shoot him a glare but listen, kissing all of my kids fourheads on my way out.

Laying in the soft bed I relax into the sheets and close my tires eyes. My mind flashes with memories I wish I could forget but I push them aside and smile to myself. Life has its ups and downs for everyone. Some are worse than others but most of us get through them. With the help of people we love anything is possible even what isn't.

The End

I hope you all enjoyed this book! I'm sad and happy to be done with it. Happy because I can finally start working on the second book to 'Alpha's Girl' but sad because I truly love this book and how it turned out. In my opinion it's a lot better than the rest of the books I've written. Please tell me what you all think, it really helps me improve my writing! -Koda122