Chapter 9

Dane

One second my father was shaking and ready to shift and the next he's on top of Remi, both in wolf form. Father doesn't lose control. A breath catches in my throat when I see Remi's wolf. She's never shifted before this moment and I can see the terror in her lime green eyes. Her silvery fur ripples as my dad continues to hold her down. "Father!" I yell across the room. Mother puts a hand on my shoulder and cations me. Stella slowly moves away from the two wolves and behind me where she knows she's safe. "Mother." I whine quietly. "He'll hurt her."

"No he won't Dane." She assures me. "Just watch, wait." My mother has a strange ability to see bits and pieces of the future so listening to her has never been hard, but right now it's the exact opposite of what I want to do. A whine escapes my lips but I force myself to stay put.

Once again Remi's fur ripples, her eyes lock on mine and she snaps. In seconds she goes from being pinned down to pinning my father down, growling loudly and lowly, wading him not to mess with her. And he listens. Father shifts back and sits on his knees panting. Remi looks around the room, her body shaking. "Just think of your own body sweetheart." Mother tells her. "She'll come." Just as father stands up Remi shifts back and rolls into a ball of terror. Stella rushes to her side.

"It's alright Remi. I promise you'll be fine." I hear her whisper.

"How did she do that?" I ask. "She shouldn't have been able to throw him off of her."

"Did you see the color of her fur?" Mother asks. I nod slowly. "Her wolf is stronger than any other. She is very rare and very dangerous when placed in the wrong hands."

"What did you do to me!" Remi cries, still shaking. I know I won't be able to touch her while she naked like this, not again but my wolf howls in my head to help his mate.

"Remi, honey everything is okay." My father tells her. She flinches when he touches her and I growl. Then something clicks in my head.

"You planned this?" It comes out like a question but it wasn't one. "You wanted her to shift!"

"Yes," Mother answers. "I saw that she was going to be strong and in order for her to fully understand a pack she would have to connect with her wolf."

"So you had father attack her!" I nearly yell. Mother doesn't do much as flinch.

"It was the only way." She states. By now Stella and Remi are long gone, probably talking about everything.

"Yeah well that way sucked."

"Dane!" Mother gasps.

"He's not wrong, Grace." Father comments. "We could have done it a little nicer." Just as I'm about to say something Stella rushes in.

"She's gone!"

"Who's gone?" Mother asks.

"Remi." Stella pants. "She ran away."

Remi-

Stella walked my shaking body back to Dane's room and closed us both in. She sat with me while I tried to control my breathing and all I could think was how wrong this felt and how much I wanted Stella to be Jen. "Everything will be okay Remi. I'll answer any question you have." Stella tells me.

"Why did I turn into... into...." I can't even finish my words.

"A wolf?" Stella asks. I nod slowly. "It's because my father attacked you. His saliva mixed with your blood and formed new DNA."

"I was never good at science but I'm pretty sure that's not how it works." I state. She stands and walks towards the door.

"I'll tell you more later. Right now I'm going to go get us something to eat." She smiles in excitement and hurries away. I look around the room and spot a window. Imminently a thought comes to mind. Jen. I have to get to Jen. In a flash I have the window open and a whole leg out. I hear the door open and Stella gasps but I jump out before she can say or do anything.

As Soon as my feet hit the grass I took off at a speed I didn't know was possible for humans. But you're not human anymore. The thought makes me stumble a little but I quickly compose myself and keep going. The sound of people behind me sends me into a near panic attack. I have to get out of here. I have to get to Jen. "Remi!" A voice that sounds like Dane's yells. "Please don't run. I know you're scared but I swear to explain everything soon." I don't listen, instead I hop over a fallen tree and run faster.

Soon I came to a road. No cars are on it and by the looks of it never will be. I hear more people behind me and before I know it I'm flying over the road and into the forest. "Wait!" Dane's voice pleads. "Remi, I can't protect you there. It's not part of our territory!" This makes me stop.

"What does that mean?" I ask, not sure who I'm thinking to.

"There are bad people there who will go to any lengths to have a female wolf like you." Dane's voice tells me. Just as I'm about to head back and demand Dane tell me everything someone grabs me.

"Well well well. What do we have here?" A daunting male voice laughs.

"Let her go Creek!" Alpha Michael's voice booms. I look to the side and see Dane and his father standing on the other side of the road. Dane shakes in fury as his father physically holds him back. "She's the property of a Cedarwood pack."

"Oh but Michael, she's on my property therefore she's mine." The man named Creek states holding me tighter. "And I know she'll make strong pups. Just look at her, not a weak bone in her body." He laughs as a wave of nausea rolls through me. "That is until I fuck her until she's jelly in my arms." Dane roars in pure anger and I can see his father struggling to hold him.

"Tell him Dane's your mate." A new female voice says.

"Dane's my mate!" I blurt out without a thought.

"What?" Creek asks.

"Dane is my mate." I pause.

"By pack law you can't take me. Mated wolves to Alphas are off limits. Tell him that." The voice instructs.

"And by pack law you can't take an alpha mated wolf." I say not taking my eyes away from Dane's.

"I know of the laws." Creek growls.

"Then you'll know that touching me is technically against the law as well?" I comment

"You seem very up to date with the law's little she-wolf." Creek's eyes narrow. "I'll let you go now but know that if you ever come on my land again I won't"

"There will be no reason for her to come on your property." Alpha Michael barks.

"Come here Remi." Dane says softly, holding his arms out for me.

"Go to him. He's not mad. He just wants to make sure you're alright." The voice tells me.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I'm your wolf, Rose." She tells me.

"Remi?" Dane asks. I look at him and without a second thought run into his arms. "You're safe now." I take a deep breath and find that Dane smells like fresh lemons and roses. Somehow it smells good and calms me down. "Let's go home now." Dane says. "I'll explain everything." I nod and together we head back. "By the way, next time you decide to run away, don't." Dane gives me a look that I can't help but laugh at.

"You have know idea how much trouble you'd be in if you were to have gotten caught." Alpha Michael tells me. "But you didn't, so for now this is just a warning. Don't go running off without someone with you at all times. Got it?"

"Yes sir." I answer.

"Good," he smiles "now let's get home. Grace is making dumplings and I don't want to miss them." 

What do you guys think of this story so far? Full book is already uploaded in Inkitt for all to enjoy!! -koda122