Chapter 20

Dane

She was standing just out of my reach with that bastard's hands all over her. She looks terrified, grasping her large stomach in her arms and looking right at me. I could feel Jen begging me to let her kill the man holding Remi but that was my job and I intended to do it in the most painful way I could come up with. Fifteen wolves, most females, stand behind Remi, looking furious and ready to kill. At fifth I thought it was me they were after but then one of the females spoke up. "Cal!" She shouts. The human turns around, shock radiating off of him.

"What is the meaning of this?" He asks. "How did you get out?" The woman smirks.

"We killed the guards. And now we're going to kill you." Cal lets out a loud laugh.

"You can't kill me. I own you."

"You don't own any of us." A new, male, shouts back at him. "She does." All eyes go to a paralyzed Remi, who looks pale and terrified. Cal's grip on her hair tightens as he yanks her up but she doesn't react. Her eyes remain wide and on her stomach. And that's when I see the light trickle of liquid running down her bare legs.

"Oh goddess." Jen whispers, horrified. Remi's eyes turn pained and an ear piercing scream escapes her lips as she doubles over, only being held up by Cal.

"Kill him!" The woman yells and it takes me a moment to realize she's talking to me. Just as Cal turns back around I launch myself towards him, careful not to hit Remi, and knock him backwards. His grip on Remi slips and me flys ten feet away, landing on his ass.

"Get Remi!" I yell to Nico and Jen before turning my full attention to the man before me. A few other wolves hurry away as well.

"You're all monsters." He grounds out.

"The only monster here is you." I snarl. I can hear Remi's faint cries but I can't look away from Cal. With another loud growl I place my foot on his chest and push down until I hear a crunch. One of his men, finally awoken from their daze, runs towards me but with a flick of my wrist he too goes flying away. The other two run after him.

"You think a few broken ribs will stop me?" Cal laughs then winces. "I'm unstoppable. I have wolves on my side that have plagued their full alliance. They kill you even if I can't."

"No they won't." A new voice says. I finally take my eyes off of Cal to look, and find hundred more wolves all around us but one woman in particular catches my attention. "They all follow Remi and nothing you say will change that." Her old eyes shine brightly the longer she looks at him. "It's the power of this pack."

"What-"

"Look out!" Nico shouts but before I can register him someone crashes into me.

"Now you're dead." Cal whispers in my ear.

"Dane." Jen's panicked voice says in my mind. "You need to hurry. I don't think Remi is okay." A roar burst through my lips and in seconds I have Cal flipped on his back. After a few blows to the face I raise my hand to finish him off but again I'm thrown off this time by one of his minions. The man lifts a knife to my neck with a sickening smile and I feel blood start to trickle down my neck.

"NO!!" A woman's voice yells. I close my eyes expecting to feel the knife cut through my skin but it never does. When I open them again the man is on the ground next to me on top of the old woman from before, a knife buried in her chest while the lifeless body of the man lays on top of her. I scramble to get up and rush to her side.

"Kill him!" I shout to my warriors, pointing at Cal who lays Dazed on the ground close by.All the wolves rush around him leaving me with the woman who just saved me.