Chapter 12

In the morning I wake up with Dane's arms around me. Rose purrs in contentment from being with her mate. Then without warning I remember Jen's lifeless body and the blood. I bolt upright in bed, waking Dane up in the process. "What's wrong?" He asks.

"Jen." I whisper, trying to get up but he holds me down.

"She's fine." He tells me. "She woke up in the middle of the night and my mom explained everything to her. Surprisingly she was okay with it. Especially when she was told that you were like her too."

"Not entirely." I whisper.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"I'm mated to a boy who's going to be Alpha and the father of my future pups. All she has is Nico." I tell him.

"Oh so you accept me as your mate now?" He laughs.

"I always have. Well my wolf has." I clarify. "But after last night I realized that I didn't want to wait until the right moment, because life could be gone in the blink of an eye." I look into his eyes and search for any spark of realization for what I was saying. Nothing. "Dane, I'm saying I'm ready to mate with you. And have this heir your father is so worried about." Dane opens and closes his mouth a few times, unable to find words. A pang of hurt hits me. "Do you not want to mate with me?" I ask. His eyes widen.

"No! I mean yes! No!" He groans. "I want to mate with you and fill you with my pups so badly you don't even know Remi. I just wasn't expecting this so soon after what happened last night."

"Jen's going to be okay." I remind him. "I'm not saying that we have to right now but... Next time we decide to make out, we don't have to stop there." With that I stand and head for the bathroom. "I'm going to take a shower. Pick me out an outfit."

Dane-

This woman had know idea what she was doing to me and how hard it was for me not to mate with her. With a groan I roll out of bed and grab Remi's bag, throwing it on the bed. "Pick me out an outfit." I mimic childishly. As soon as I unzip her bag I find all of her lace undergarments and growl. I end up picking out an outfit I know she'd never choose for herself. A long sleeve and jeans.

I can hear her turn off the water and step out. Images of her naked body flooded my mind and I let out a ragged breath. When she opens the door, steam rolling out with her and a towel tightly wrapped around her body, I nearly lose control. "Did you pick out my clothes?" She asks. I nod wordlessly and hand the pile of folded clothes to her. "Are you okay? You're quieter than usual." She comments.

"I just wasn't expecting you to say that this morning." I whisper, looking anywhere but at her as she pulls her clothes on.

"Dane, look at me." She sighs. I don't need to be told twice. Thankfully her undergarments are on or we'd be mating a lot sooner that she wants. "I didn't mean we had to mate right this second. I'm just telling you that I'm ready when you are." She gives me a small smile.

"I'll always be ready for you, love." I growl playfully. At this her smile widens. A knock sounds at the door interrupting our moment. In a flash Remi has the rest of her clothes on and is at the door opening it.

"Jen!" She cries in relief. "Oh my god I thought I'd lost you." The blond at the door snorts and steps inside.

"It takes a lot more to kill me, Remi."

"But you're okay with this?" Remi asks. "With being a...?"

"A werewolf?" Jen supplies. Remi nods hesitantly. "Grace, explained everything to me. It's actually kind of cool."

"You would think it's cool." Remi sighs.

"Cheer up Remi. Now I get to stay with you for a lot longer. We just have to deal with my parents if they decide to come after me." She sighs. Just as I'm about to say something Nico comes running in.

"You guys might want to check out the news." He says turning the tv on.

"Two Californian Girls reported missing by parents after being gone for more than two days. Police caution all parents to keep their children within eyesight at all times."

"Great!" Remi yells, throwing her hands up in frustration. "Just great. Now my parents want to care for me?"

"My parents are going to kill me when they find me." Jen whispers.

"They're not going to find you." I tell her. "No one will."

"How?" She asks.

"We live in the middle of nowhere," I say. "And No one is allowed on my territory without my permission."

"That's handy." She comments.

"It's also dangerous." Remi mutters to herself. "We should get going. If the owners of this place watch the news and see us they'll call the police."

"But it's only 10:30." Parker, who just came in comments. "The man said we could only leave at 11."

"That man can suck a dick for all I care." Remi snaps. Nico and Parker choke on their laughter.

"Everyone, get packed up quickly." I order. "We leave with or without you in five minutes." They all scurry off. "Wanna talk about it?" I ask Remi as she packs all of our stuff.

"Nope." She says without looking up.

"Remi-"

"Just leave it alone Dane." She cuts me off. "I'll talk about it when I'm ready."

"Okay." I nod and walk around the bed to kiss her new mark. She leans into me. "I love you. Please know that."

"I do." She whispers. "And I love you too." My heart swells with pride hearing her say that. Giving her one last kiss on the mouth this time, I grab her hand in mine and sling a bag over my shoulder.

"Let's go home."  

Sorry for the short chapter but I promise the next one's will be longer. Enjoy!! -Koda122