chapter 19: turf war

IKAGI POV 1 WEEK LATER

it was around midday and there was literally nothing to do. i was sitting on the couch of the main building where i had been this entire week since we first got here. ishiku walked up to me "hey do you want to go look around town". "sure, i've nothing better to do".

i slid off of the couch before standing up and follow ishiku out the door who was wearing some casual clothes and a necklace with a cross on it. "well, what do you know about this place so far" i ask. "well as you can guess the people with more money and importance live more towards the center and the less important people live towards the outside and the living condition there is terrible". i sighed in disappointment. then he continued.

"and from what i've heard there is a gang going around and taking things from the poor. and they also have monsters". i thought for a moment as we walked through the streets. "and let me guess, the poor people are all quirkless or have 'villainous' quirks". "indeed they are".

'people are idiots' i thought. we kept walking throughout the, village/town? i don't know what to call it. after a while we ended up on the outskirts of the city. i looked around (remember he has eyes now) and see people huddling together in run down houses or in alleyways around dumpsters with fire in them, and they were all wearing rags that were hardly considered clothes. it was about six fifty eight. 

my danger sense went off.

everyone started hiding the best they could as the ground started to shake with footsteps. "you know what time it is everybody, it's time to pay up" somebody announced from the back of a monster as it jumped off of a building and in front of us.

 "you know what time it is everybody, it's time to pay up" somebody announced from the back of a monster as it jumped off of a building and in front of us

!!!NOT MY ART!!!

his monster was a nargacuga, we had seen a few on our adventures across japan

his monster was a nargacuga, we had seen a few on our adventures across japan. his legs had a black sludge like substance coming off of them keeping him on the monster 'must be his quirk' i thought. "you two seem new around here". his voice was distorted because of a voice changer. "we were just going on a walk, so move out if the way before we make you" i said trying to walk around him.

his monster stepped in front of me "oh really, what are you gonna do, call some higher ups" he mocked. "how about we fight, i win you leave and tell your boss to leave this place alone. you win and we give you everything valuable we have" ishiku said. the guy thought for a moment.