Chapter 4: Back at Square One

"I hope Jaune's okay," Ruby said quietly, fidgeting in her seat. "After seeing what those villagers have done to other trespassers, it makes me scared to think about what they'll do to the man that killed several of their friends."

"I'm sure he'll be fine," Yang assured her baby sister, while not looking very sure herself. "Vomit Boy's a tough guy. Besides, he's got to save your daughter and my niece, remember? He's got to pull through!"

"Well, we're about to see how things turn out for him," Qrow grunted, pointing at the screen as the lights in the theater dimmed. "The show's starting back up again."

The episode began with a white light, before it faded to reveal Jaune, still unconscious and propped up against a wall, his hands tied behind his back.

"Feeble humans..." a low, crooning voice sneered, before a pair of men approached the Huntsman. One was dressed in a black robe with red embroidery, and carried some medical equipment. "Let us grant them your power," the other man whispered. Of the two, he was dressed more elegantly. His robe was a rich purple color with golden embroidery. He clutched a long black staff in his left hand. Hanging around his neck was a silver and golden necklace with a blue gem embedded in its centerpiece. His upper face was obscured by his robe's hood, but his mouth was visible, currently curled into a smile.

"Um, who the heck are those guys?" Sun demanded, unsettled by their appearance. "They don't look like villagers..."

"They could be the village priests," Penny suggested. "Roman deduced that the villagers in this region are highly religious. Perhaps these men lead the villagers in their worship."

The man in the black robe stepped forward, before taking a needle connected to a long tube and sticking it into Jaune's neck. A second later, the tube turned red as a large amount of blood was drained from the Huntsman.

This caused several members of the audience to cringe, or squirm in their seats.

"This is making me really uncomfortable." Emerald gulped, before rubbing her neck in discomfort.

As more blood was drained from Jaune's neck, the man in the purple robe stretched out a hand, gently cupping the Huntsman's cheek.

"Soon, the world will be unable to resist your extraordinary power~" he purred, before the screen went black.

"Unable to resist Jaune's power?" Blake mused. "What did he mean by that?"

"I think that man is referring to Jaune being half-Grimm," Weiss suggested. "But I cannot possibly imagine what they hope to accomplish by taking some of his blood."

The scene changed to show Jaune finally regaining consciousness. The Huntsman grunted, then looked around in confusion at his surroundings. He was sitting in the middle of a dusty storage room, with farming equipment and a couple wooden crates propped up against the back wall. Jaune turned his head to find the man he had rescued earlier propped up on him. The two men were back-to-back, their hands restrained to each other's by a couple pairs of handcuffs.

"Well, that's quite the pickle," Tai said with a grimace. "How's Jaune supposed to get out of that?"

"He could use his Aura to pull the cuffs apart," Ironwood suggested. "Of course, that requires his Aura to have replenished itself, first."

Noticing the other man was still unconscious, Jaune twisted his body to tap the man on the shoulder with his own.

"Hey, wake up!" the Huntsman whispered sharply. The man grumbled, as his eyes fluttered open.