Chapter 9: Salem in the Flesh

"Well, if I know the author, and I should, being his in-universe avatar, I think it's about time to greet some new arrivals," Abe said to himself, setting down a new film reel next to the projector. He quickly slipped out of his booth and jogged down the steps of the theater aisle, before vaulting up onto the stage, just in time to watch the audience settle back into their seats. "I take it we're ready to continue?" he asked, once everyone's attention was back on him.

"Yep!" Ruby said, smiling brightly. "Jaune's going to save Summer soon. I can feel it!"

"Yeah! Vomit Boy's got this!" Yang grinned. Abe chuckled.

"It's nice to see how much faith you have in your friend. Well, I'll happily put the next episode on! Just as soon as we allow our new guests to settle in." Right after he said this, a purple portal appeared, allowing some new people to step through.

"Jaune!" a blonde woman with blue eyes called as she stepped into the theater. "Jaune, are you in here?" Abe cringed. The author hadn't gotten around to bringing Jaune into the story yet, which meant that his family had come into his own dimension for nothing.

"No, I'm sorry, there is no Jaune in here," he told the woman apologetically.

"You see, honey?" another woman with a darker complexion and wearing a pair of glasses sighed, as she also stepped through the portal, cradling a young boy in her arms. "I told you that we should've checked his room first." The portal closed up behind them, causing the woman to sigh again. "And now we're trapped here. Brilliant."

"You came in here looking for Jaune?" Pyrrha asked the blonde woman, who nodded.

"That's right. I'm his sister, Saphron Cotta-Arc." She gestured to the woman and child behind him. "This is my wife, Terra, and our son, Adrien."

"Aw! You're baby's so CUTE!" Weiss gushed, which was followed by a chorus of similar statements from most of the female audience.

"Thank you," Terra said with a giggle, bouncing Adrien, who squealed happily, which caused a encore of adored coos. Abe, however, folded his arms nervously. Adrien couldn't be more than three years old, and if there was one thing he knew about little kids, it was that they didn't mix well with bloody violence. He was broken out of his musings, though, as Saphron started to speak again.

"My father told us that a wormhole had opened up in Beacon, and that Jaune might have been sucked into it," she explained. "He would've come himself, but he was in the middle of a mission. So we came instead." She paused and blushed. "It seems he didn't fall in here, after all. So now I guess we're stuck in this... movie theater?"

"What a strange place for a portal to lead to," Terra agreed. "How does this make any sense?"

"I can explain that!" Nora declared.

.........................

"I always knew my little brother would be a mighty Huntsman someday!" Saphron declared proudly.

"When she heard Jaune had been accepted into Beacon, she was over the moon," Terra told his team, as the two women took a seat next to Ms. Goodwitch. "He always wanted to be like Jonathan."

"And to think he was able to defeat the Grimm's king!" Saphron went on, excitement evident in her voice. "If he can do that, then these cultists who kidnapped my niece don't stand a chance!"

"You can say that again!" Ruby agreed, before turning to Abe. "Now, can we watch the next episode?"

"Of course," Abe said with a nod, before looking at Adrien, who was sitting in Terra's lap. "But I don't think I should start it until we do something with him." Adrien looked at Abe, and then glared at him. "Hey kid, I know you want to see your uncle, but this show is for adults only."