Halloween Special

Happy Halloween everybody! I hope you're having fun this holiday, whether that's enjoying your haul of candy, watching a scary movie with friends, or playing harmless tricks on the neighbors. Oh, and Happy Birthday, Ruby! Congratulations on turning 26 (at least in my Grimm May Cry universe)! Speaking of which, let's take a look at how the Arc family is spending their Halloween together, shall we?

Kingdom of Vale, Grimm Never Cry.

"Happy Birthday, honey/mommy!" Jaune and Summer cheered as they burst into their building's living room, bringing out both cake and a plate full of chocolate cookies. As it was Halloween, the blonde Huntsman was wearing a green tunic and pointed cap. His sword and shield were strapped across his back, rather than hanging from his belt as they usually did. Summer herself had traded her hoodie for an elegant blue dress partially covered with metal plates. To help complete her look, her father had allowed her to borrow Alastor for the night. As they set their baked sweets on the living room table, they smiled at an imposing figure futuristic green body armor, with a shoulder mounted cannon and a helmet with a darkened visor. Said helmet was quickly pulled off its owner's head, revealing silver eyes and a beaming face underneath.

"Oh! You two!" Ruby gushed, rushing forward to scoop her daughter up and kiss her husband's cheek. "You're spoiling me!"

"As they should be, sis," Yang chuckled. Her costume was an orange suit with an arm blaster, her hair tied back into a pony tail. "You only turn twenty-six once, you know."

"Besides, it's Halloween," Mercury -dressed in a hooded white and red cloak- pointed out as he stirred some cider. "What better night to indulge in your sweet tooth?" His son Jet, who was clinging to his father's leg, his platinum blonde hair tied in a pony tail and wearing a red cap and vest, looked up at Mercury expectantly.

"Dad, when can we go trick-or-treating?" he asked.

"As soon as the geezers show up," Yang told her son in her husband's place. "The grandparents wanted to take you this year, remember?" As if on cue, there was a knock on the door, prompting Jaune to go over and open it.

"Well, speak of the devil," the Huntsman said with a grin, looking up and down at his wife's parents. Tai had a red bandana tied around his forehead, and was wearing a tattered white gi, complete with a black belt. Glynda, meanwhile, had ditched her glasses, and had undone her blonde hair from its bun, allowing it to hang around her shoulders. She wore a grey tunic and large green overcoat, and had painted a small grey circle on her forehead.

"Hey, kiddos!" Tai called into the house. "Hope you've got your weapons on you, cause it's time to hit the streets!" Everyone except Yang and the kids groaned.

"Dear, please," Glynda sighed. "The last thing we need is a third generation of your bad jokes."

Aww... What a heartwarming family moment! But of course, Jaune is only one of our protagonists, isn't he? It wouldn't be fair to do a Halloween special unless we checked in on Adam's family too, would it?

Kingdom of Atlas, in an apartment in Mantle.

"Thanks for helping us with Ferdinand's costume, Trish," Adam Taurus said with a smile. The bull Faunus was wearing a black suit, cape, and hat, as well as a dark mask over his eyes. Myrtenaster hung from his belt, helping to complete his look. "I never would've been able to make him look nearly as good."

"Yes, you have our sincerest gratitude," Cinder called from the kitchen as she baked a pumpkin pie. She was dressed in a scandalous black jumpsuit with long frilly shoulder decorations and a silver brooch. She wore a pair of high heels with guns strapped to them, as well as a pair of glasses. "I think I could pull off this look, but our son is another matter." Trish, who had let her long, red hair down, and swapped her corset for a blue skirt and a breastplate, waved a hand.

"Think nothing of it. I'm always happy to help make your little boy look ever cuter. I mean, look at him!" She gestured to Ferdinand, who was dressed in a red shirt and blue overalls, with a red cap on his head. "Adorable~" Trish cooed.

"Yeah, that is pretty cute," Adam Taurus admitted sheepishly. Just then, there was a knock at the door. "Welp, that'll be Qrow and Willow," the bull Faunus declared, before going over to open the door. "Come on in, old man."

"'Old man?'" Qrow grunted as he stepped into the apartment, carrying a bowl of fruit punch in his hands. The drunk Huntsman was dressed in a brown leather jacket and had a satchel slung over one shoulder. A battered brown fedora rested atop his messy hair. "Who are you calling- okay, I'm old," he relented, chuckling slightly. Willow filed in after him, her hair done up in a braid and wearing an icy blue dress, presenting a large bag of candy corn.

"I hope you don't mind if we brought this," she said humbly. "Goodness knows little Ferdie is going to be getting plenty of candy from the city tonight."

"Relax, Willow," Cinder told her. "Candy corn is the one candy Ferdinand doesn't like. Which is just fine with Adam and Blade Wolf, seeing how it's one of the few candies they can tolerate."

"I apologize, but most Halloween comestibles are simply too saccharine for my palate," Blade Wolf grumbled as he entered from the bedroom. His usually black body had been completely covered in red metal plating, and his long wiry tail had been shortened for his costume.

"Don't apologize, Blade," Adam told his mechanical companion, before scooping up Ferdinand and depositing the child on the Beowolf's back. "Here, why don't you go with Trish and show off that cool costume of yours? I'm sure Ferdinand would appreciate your company on his first trick-or-treat run anyway."

"Your suggestion is acceptable," Blade Wolf decided, before turning to Trish. "Come, let us show Mantle how 'stylish' a couple of Grimm can be."

Well, that's Halloween in GMC, everyone! I hope you enjoyed taking a look at how our heroes spend a holiday with their families. I'll give you kudos if you managed to guess each character's costume. Have a happy Halloween!

-Farmer Abe

The Grimmdark, Lord Mundus's Palace

"Okay, let's go over the strategy one more time," Mundus announced to his legions. He pointed to a large pack of Beowolves, headed by a snarling, giant, three-headed Alpha. "Gary, Jerry, and Larry, you take your pack and head to Vale."

"Yes, my master./Understood, my lord./Sure thing, boss!" three voices with varying deepness and roughness replied. Nodding, the Grimm King turned to a troop of Beringels, the biggest and most armored of which bowed its body to him.

"Kyle, I'm sending your troop to Mistral," he commanded.

"Of course, my king," he groveled.

"Very good. Now Frank, I want you and your subordinates to infiltrate Atlas," Mundus continued, turning to a large pride of Sabyrs, the leader of which sported a red mane, signifying his position as leader.

"It will be as you command," the Sabyr growled.

"Okay. That leaves Vacuo for Susan's group, and Menagerie for Dirk's squad," the Grimm King concluded, addressing a colony of Ravagers and a lounge of Creeps, each of whom's leaders swore to do their best. "Excellent. We're all set," Mundus declared, before conjuring up some portals for his legions to storm through. "Now, go forth, my legions!" he commanded, as his Grimm howled, shrieked, and hissed as they charged into Remnant. "Halloween is when you are at your strongest! Spread fear through the Kingdoms, and bring back all the candy you can! HAHAHAHAHA!"