4: Goodnight

Some of you may be noticing in this chapter that the name changed from the one originally put forward in the concept (if you saw the concept and voted on it in Supernova). 

This is because I had a different personality in mind when I came up with the name, but decided when I wrote the second chapter to have our oc act differently. 

Therefore, executive author decisions have been made to change the kid's name! Hope nobody minds but the old one really doesn't suit them anymore. 

-------------------------------------------------

"How do you feel about Jin?". 

The toddler make a 'yuck' face and shook their head. Shigaraki sighed and continued scrolling down the baby names list he had pulled up. 

"Okay...Bela. It means destruction. Calamity. Its perfect.". 

The kid started chewing on the arm of their stuffed bunny and shook their head. "I don't like it.". God that was a phrase Tomura was hearing a lot. 

"Well not everyone has eyes for perfectly villainous names." The villain sighed, "Alright how about Jun. Close to Jin. It means 'talented'.". 

The toddler shook their head firmly. "You're very picky." Tomura observed as he scrolled right on past the name Kuma. Cute name, but he wasn't encouraging any more bear related activity. The kid just giggled. "Kyo? Nao? Yu?" Tomura tried, reading off every gender neutral name he saw.

"No!" The kid practically shouted. 

"We're nearly out of options." Tomura warned the kid. "Your last options are Reiki, Kozue, Ichigo or Shun.". 

"I don't like those." The kid whined. Tomura rolled his eyes at them. Toddlers. You just can't get them to do anything.  

"Then go nameless.".

"What about your name mo-daddy?" The kid asked. 

Ah yes, the title. You see the kid had learned that male parents are called dad, not mom from tv. Since then they had been calling Tomura that relentlessly. 

He couldn't say he hated it. It was way better than mommy and the kid was just being close. He realized after the incident two days before that he shouldn't hate or reject the kid just for wanting to be close to him. 

They were in this together now. 

"You can't have my name. You've already copied my appearance." The villain explained with a fond sigh. The kid blinked up at him, completely innocent looking. 

"Okay then," He said, "I'll pick then. Eennie meenie, miney-Ichigo.". 

"Fast!" The toddler replied. Tomura shrugged, blushing slightly. 

"It suits you. Its cute." He defended. Something cute suited the kid. Ichigo was gender neutral and bright. Perfect. 

Ichigo meant strawberry. Tomura meant 'to mourn'. A name like his didn't suit the kid, as much as it would stroke his ego to have a Tomura jr around the place. 

Now, the next big dilemma was...what did he do with a kid? How did parents spend their time? Tomura looked around the tiny apartment. His eyes landed on the small furnature box in the corner. 

Oh yeah. Assembling the kid's bed should be top of the list. 

Groaning, Tomura got up from his place at the kitchen table and padded over to the box. He tore the tape open and was so focused on the activity he didn't notice the kid-Ichigo turn into a kitten until their sharp little claws were in his back.