6: The Perfect Chance

Its well known to all parents that its hard to get childcare. Like so hard politicians can build their platform on trying to make it more accessible. 

Its even harder to find childcare when you were a villain. If anyone even found out Ichigo existed they would be in harms way and that was the last thing Tomura wanted. Both of them would be in danger if anyone else found out that Shigaraki Tomura had a child, no matter how recent an addition they were. 

So he needed to think of something and he needed to do it fast. 

But right now he has bigger fish to fry. 

"Friend!" Ichigo shouted, pouting furiously. As cute as it was, Tomura was really not in the mood to be cooing at the kid's chubby cheeks. 

"Not a friend!" He said sternly. Ichigo stomped their foot on the ground in frustration. "Where did you even find that thing?". 

"Outside." 

"When did you go outside?". Tomura was confused. They hadn't been out at all yet that day. It was only 11, and although he was sure they'd go out at some point for a walk or something they hadn't gone anywhere yet. 

Ichigo didn't answer. Tomura raised an eyebrow. 

"Did you go out on your own?" The man asked carefully. Ichigo remained silent, but their cheeks turned red, which Tomura had learned indicated they had done something wrong. It was one of those little tells he was sure all kids had when they were little. 

"Ichigo." He said, sounding disappointed. 

"Its my friend." The toddler protested. 

"Its a wild animal, Ichigo. You can't keep it inside the house." Tomura tried to explain. The kid just clutched the flying squirrel closer to their chest, unwilling to part with it. "And its not safe for you to go outside on your own! The outside is...". He trailed off, unwilling to push his irrational fears of the world and the people in it on someone who couldn't understand. 

Tomura sighed. The humorous atmosphere had disappeared. 

"Don't go outside without me again, okay? We're gonna put that thing back.". He picked the kid up, much to their squirming protest, and slid some shoes on. 

The moment he opened the door though, he heard a yelp. 

A woman was standing in front of the door and must have been pushed back by its sudden opening. 

"O-oh." Tomura stuttered, unsure of what to do, "I'm so sorry I didn't see you there..." 

"No its okay you couldn't have known." The woman said, an apologetic smile on her face. She was around Tomura's age, maybe a little older, with short dark hair and navy blue eyes. "Besides, it seems you've got your hands full already. Kids are a lot of energy, aren't they?". 

"You have no idea..." Tomura grumbled, still trying to wrangle a squirming Ichigo. 

"I sort of do, I'm a kindergarten teacher." The woman revealed. "I don't work with children that young, but I understand some of your concerns.". 

"Oh, um so do you live in the building?" The villain asked awkwardly. He hoped he sounded like a normal person. 

"Ah, yes. I just moved in a month ago." She replied with a smile. "I'm Ikoma Komari.". 

Shigaraki had to think of something and he had to do it quickly. Fake name. Fake name. Fake name. 

Got it! 

"I'm Shimura Tenko." He said, stretching his lips into an awkward, unpracticed smile that more closely resembled a grimace. 

"And who's the little one?" Ikoma asked, unphased by Tomura's awkwardness.