12: So, Here's The Gist

"So...you adopted a kid?" Toga asked, sipping strawberry milk from a brightly coloured twisty straw. 

"Pretty much yeah." Tomura replied with a shrug. He cast a look over at Ichigo, who was blowing bubbles in their sippy cup of milk. At least they couldn't spill it. Dabi swished his own glass of pink milk around like it was alcoholic or something. 

"Never thought you were the parenting type." The villain commented. 

"I didn't either but here we are.". 

All eyes turned to the toddler. "So, what's their name?" Dabi asked. 

"I'm Ichigo! I'm two and two quarters!" The kid said proudly. 

"No shit? That's cool." The burned villain replied with an approving smile. "Do you have a favorite colour?". 

"Don't swear around the baby." Tomura whisper shouted. 

Ichigo appeared to think long and hard about the answer. "Yellow." They answered with an air of finality. "No...red! Red. No yellow.". The discourse continued. 

The adults all laughed a bit. "Its just fine to not want to pick one. Yellow and red are both top tier." Dabi assured the kid. 

"Is it just me or is he kinda good at this?" Toga whispered behind her hand to Tomura, who looked a bit conflicted. Was Dabi good at this? 

It only took another 15 minutes for him to confirm that Dabi was absolutely amazing at this. 

"Three, two one....liftoff!" The villain called out, deepening his voice to make it sound more official. He lifted the cardboard box off the ground, shaking it around to simulate a rocket launch. Ichigo shrieked with delight, adjusting the carboard helmet Dabi had somehow made them. 

Honestly Tomura had no idea so much could be done with the box for a toddler sized bed. 

"This is ground control to major Ichigo." Dabi said, making little muffled radio sounds. "Which planet are we headed to, major? Planet couch? Planet Table?". 

"Couch!" The toddler instructed. 

"Roger that!" Dabi cheered, walking over to the couch. "Oh no! There's a problem with the thrusters-we're gonna have to make a crash landing. Look out!". With that he took a few more steps towards the couch, shaking the box as he did so and when it was safe too, turned the box upside down. Ichigo gently dropped to the couch, giggling their head off. 

"Again!" Ichigo said, clapping their hands together excitedly. 

"I hate to be the bad guy," Tomura began. His 'co-workers' barely hid their laughs at that. "But its naptime sweetpea.". 

"Five-no ten more minutes." The toddler pleaded. Tomura stood firm in his decision. 

"Come on. Lets get you to bed." He said, reaching over to pick up the toddler. Ichigo tried to escape by turning into a baby bunny, but Tomura could predict that. They had done it enough times that he was prepared. 

He carried the baby bunny into the bedroom. Ichigo turned back into a human again so Tomura could change them into some more comfortable pjs. Ichigo was very particular about which clothes were sleep clothes and which were awake clothes. 

"Goodnight." He said, about to leave the room. 

"Daddy wait! I wanna hug." Ichigo said, holding out their arms and making grabby hands. Tomura softened, but he knew this trick. 

It was an elaborate plan to get Tomura to nap with them. And it had worked too, more than one time, embarrassingly enough. He picked the toddler up and sat on the tiny bed with Ichigo in his arms until the toddler was fully asleep.