20: Moles

"Someone within the League of Villains has betrayed them.". 

Tsukauchi had begun his briefing like that, cutting straight to the chase. The room stilled to the point where you'd assume time had stopped. 

"They recently attempted to team up with the Shie Hassaikai." He explained further. "Sir Nighteye was investigating the organization when info surfaced that would suggest that the League was backing them. They provided man power and funding to the development of those quirk erasing bullets.". 

"The one Amajiki was hit with." Fat Gum added. The detective nodded. 

"They've only gotten stronger and we fear that soon they could permanently erase a person's quirk.". 

The room seemed to drop in temperature. That wasn't the sort of weapon they could have running around the street. 

"As all of you know we were supposed to be storming the Hassaikai headquarters today, but that isn't happening." Tsukauchi continued. "That's because Eri was left in a safe location and we were sent an anonymous tip to pick her up. She and Sir Nighteye's interns are currently at the hospital attending to her and the paperwork.". 

The heroes were all shocked. 

"Who in the league do you think it is?" Ryukyu asked. "Who is the most empathetic or likely to betray them?". 

"That's what we're trying to get to the bottom of at the moment." The detective revealed. "When you get back to your agencies tell everyone to keep an eye out for leads. That concludes the debrief.". 

Everyone shuffled out of the room save for one man. Tsukauchi looked over to see Aizawa had actually stood up and gotten closer to him during the time everyone else said their goodbyes and left. 

"As expected of U.A's underground hero, you already have a lead." Tsukauchi smiled wearily. 

"Its a long shot." Aizawa admitted, "I think my student, Bakugou Katsuki, could shed some light on the situation. He spent extended periods of time with the league during his kidnapping and I believe he could point us in the right direction.". 

"I'll take anything I can get. Hopefully he can point our investigation in the right direction. Capturing the league's traitor will be vital in taking them down.". The detective looked Aizawa in the eyes for a moment. 

"Do you know who it could be?" He asked, waiting for his quirk to indicated a lie or truth. 

"No.". Truth. 

Bakugou really was their only lead. 

----------- --------- ------------ ------------ ------------- ---------------- ------------- 

The explanation to all of this chaos lies in what occurred hours earlier. 

The Hassaikai were preparing for heroes to arrive in the morning and getting ready to transport what they called 'the asset'. Shigaraki had gone to drop Toga and Dabi off with their so called 'rental boss'. 

They followed the Eight Bullets to their stations and settled in for an early morning fight. Meanwhile, eager to brag and get more resources, Tomura followed Chisaki Kai underground for a 'tour'. 

"I admire what you've done, Shigaraki." The man drawled, "We're in very similar situations. Both trying to bring back a bygone age that was destroyed by modern day heroism. Both in the shadows of admired and feared leaders, just trying to make the world a better place.". 

Tomura was less than impressed by the flattery mixed with obvious self projection. He just wanted to see if anyone at the yakuza dump would be worth poaching for himself. Who knows, maybe even Chisaki himself would willingly join their cause if he promised the right resources.