15: Little Terror

Keigo opened the door when he heard the knocking. He had a massive smile on his face. 

"I'm so excited to meet you!" He said, "I'm Keigo-" 

"Yeah yeah, they know your name. Now take the kid." Shigaraki said, shoving something into Keigo's arms. 

"This is a pet carrier?" The hero said, tilting his head in confusion. 

"Yeah. They don't really let you take anything belonging to the genus Panthera on public transportation. The carrier hides everything." Tomura explained. 

Keigo looked inside the carrier. "Eek!" He nearly squawked as he jumped backwards, not remembering he was the one holding the carrier in the first place. "Baby lion!" The hero whispered. 

"Yeah, they watched the Lion King at a friends house last week." The parent sighed, "Things have been...chaotic since. So many new forms. Anyways they're your problem for the next little bit. Don't mess this up.". 

Keigo nervously looked at the carrier and nodded. The villain then took the carrier back, placed it on the ground and picked the baby lion up. 

"Come on Ichigo. I wanna give you a proper goodbye.".

Ichigo transformed in Tomura's arms and clung to his shirt. "But I don't want you to go?". They said it like it was a question. 

"I have to." The man replied bluntly. "I wont see you for a while, so you'd better make this count.". 

Ichigo pouted and gave Tomura a sad look. They didn't want to make it count, they didn't want their dad to go! 

"Don't want you to go." The toddler repeated, tears welling in their eyes. Tomura cursed internally and readjusted Ichigo's position so they were pressed against his chest. 

"Come on, I don't want you to be all crabby when we say goodbye 'cause I wont see for a while.". 

"How long is a while?" Ichigo asked, their voice sounding slightly distressed. 

"Hey, no crying. Its not a long time." Tomura lied through his teeth. He squeezed Ichgio into a tighter hug and the toddler hugged him back as best they could with their short arms. Their fingers gripped his shirt with more force than Tomura had thought possible. 

"I'm gonna miss you daddy." They said. 

Tomura suddenly felt like he had been hit by a bus. He didn't think it would be this hard. Now he was the one that didn't want to let go. 

"Love you kiddo." He said, handing Ichigo to Keigo because they weren't wearing shoes. 

The hero looked a little worried when he saw Ichigo's teary eyes. 

"Love you daddy.". 

Tomura gave the kid a tight lipped smile and brought Ichigo's little duffle bag and tote bag of toys and dishes inside before giving Ichigo one last quick hug and saying goodbye 'for reals this time'. 

"Come on little buddy." Keigo said, closing the apartment door and shaking his shoes off. "We're gonna have a great time! I've got so many games!". 

He set Ichigo down on the floor and immediately knew something was wrong. The toddler looked up at him with big wet red eyes and promptly started sobbing. 

----------- ----------- ---------- ---------- ----------- ------------ --------- --------- 

Tomura took a deep breath of fresh air the moment the warp gate disappeared. The forest was cool and the air was a million times nicer than it was in the city.