22: Up In The Air

Aizawa wasn't sure. 

He just wasn't sure. He didn't know what to do, he didn't know how to do it. He didn't know and he wasn't sure. 

He was glad that he had called Mic before anything else. He showed up with a car, outfitted to transport villains but adapted quickly to the situation when he realized this was a very unusual arrest. 

Instead of manhandling Tomura into a pair of quirk cancelling handcuffs, they simply directed him into the car. 

"Come on." The villain mumbled, picking Ichigo up. Aizawa opened his mouth to stop him. The child couldn't sit with Tomura. He was being arrested and they needed to protect the child. 

But at the same time, Aizawa was scared that Tomura would harm them if they tried to take the child away. Causing a scene would give Shigaraki the chance to slip away, and he couldn't allow that. Not when he was so close to getting the man responsible for his student's problems in Tartarus. 

"Do we have a car seat?" He asked, turning to Yamada. The man shook his head. Aizawa sighed and looked over at Tomura. "Keep ahold of the child." He said simply, climbing into the passenger's seat. 

He looked at the child through the rear view mirror and felt his heart break. 

They were scared. They were so scared, clinging to Tomura like he was a lifeline. They were looking around the room with shaky red eyes that were starting to gloss over with tears. 

And Aizawa didn't know what to do. 

Yamada climbed into the driver's seat and looked to Aizawa for directions. "U.A." He said simply, his voice a little hoarse. His friend gave him a sympathetic look and clipped his seatbelt in before driving off. 

------------ ------------- ----------- ------------ ------------ ------------- 

U.A's holding facility was small but usable. 

Aizawa and Yamada led Tomura through the building and towards a room where Shigaraki would be held until Tsukauchi and other people on the task force to arrive. 

Shigaraki seemed to be behaving perfectly, completely silent throughout the drive, not moving a muscle except to comfort the child that was in his arms. 

"Step inside." Aizawa ordered, a pair of quirk cancelling cuffs in his hands, ready to cuff the villain and lock the door to the cell. 

Tomura took a few steps forwards before Mic told him to stop. He gave the man a serious yet sad expression and looked the villain in the eyes. 

"I need you to put the child down.". The room's temperature seemed to drop by several degrees. 

Aizawa had always seen Shigaraki as a man child. A strong adversary yes, but someone who was deeply immature and petty. Now though, he felt the full force of Shigaraki's actual influence, of the power his quirk and teacher afforded him. 

"You can't take a child into a holding cell. You're being arrested, you need to release the child." Aizawa explained, swallowing the slight lump forming in his throat. 

He didn't want to do this. He didn't know-no. He knew this wasn't right but it was procedure. 

Shigaraki's arms tightened around the child. 

"Shigaraki, you need to let go of the child now." Mic said slowly, "I understand that this is distressing but we absolutely can not have you around the child during this.". 

The villain gave him an absolutely murderous look. 

"If you think I'm going to willingly hand my child over to you, you're all dumber than I first assumed." He gritted out, venom dripping from his words.