34: Slow Your Roll

"We couldn't just let you and Ichigo disappear!" Toga explained dramatically. "We thought you were in Tartarus and the baby had been sent to live with a different family. We promised you if you were ever caught we'd raise the sweetheart, so we had to find them.". 

Honestly....Tomura couldn't fault them for that. It sounded a little crazy to say that but he really couldn't fault them for it. He was just more shocked that Tsukauchi, the man who had interrogated him for days, had sheltered his two idiots of employees. 

Despite all that, he was thankful to see Toga and Dabi. 

He was thankful for their help to, although he was yet to tell them that. 

As it turned out Ichigo hadn't gone into the back yards and then the woods. They had gone through the small path from the back of the house that looped around to the road. 

That had given Tomura a whole other heart attack when he learned Ichigo had gone into the road alone at night with nothing reflective on them to keep cars from hitting them. 

 But as it turned out the vehicle that nearly ran him over was being driven by Tsukauchi, who was an excellent driver and managed to stop without Ichigo or anyone in the car being hurt. He picked the toddler up, put them in the car and just continued on their way to the safehouse. 

Tomura was just so relieved everyone was alright he didn't have time to stress to much about the fact Ichigo almost got hit. 

He stared at the faces of the pair of buffoons he had somehow become fond of and smiled a little. "Thank you both for saving my child.". 

Toga and Dabi made eye contact. "Is he thanking us?" Toga asked. 

"I think he is.". 

"No, no, there's no way Shigaraki Tomura is thanking us." 

"I think that's what's happening." Dabi replied, casing a cautious look at the man. "Do you think they've replaced him with a clone?". 

"I am not a clone." Tomura replied, unamused. 

"Daddy what's a clone!?" Ichigo asked, bounding into the room with their arms full of plushies. 

"Ichigo that is a clone." Toga said, picking the baby up and pointing an accusatory finger at Tomura. "Your daddy's being polite! We think they replaced him with a new, different daddy.". 

"Daddy's always nice!" Ichigo protested. 

Toga sighed. "Shigi, you've brainwashed your child." She informed the man. "I should reset it. Just to be safe.". 

"No!" Ichigo squeaked, already knowing where this was going. They had a massive smile on their face though, and waited patiently in their auntie's arms until she started the game. 

"Too late now." Toga sighed, jiggling the toddler in her arms and turning them side to side. "Where on earth is the off switch for this thing?". 

After that she grabbed the toddler's legs and dangled them upside down, swinging them ever so slightly (because safety first). 

"God they just don't build 'em like they used to. Can't find anything." She lamented. Ichigo giggled loudly. 

"I don't have one!" They managed through giggles. Toga readjusted them so they were face to face with her. 

"You don't have an off switch?" She asked in mock surprise. Ichigo nodded. "Crazy.". 

"Hey, stop trying to make the baby throw up and pick up all the toys they dropped." Tomura scolded. He was right-in the process of having fun Toga had made Ichigo drop every single plushie they came into the living room holding.