CHAPTER5

Delilah walked passed Axel out of the classroom holding her laptop tightly in her hands.

"Angel." Delilah kept walking ignoring him. She was upset from what she had saw last week.

Delilah stayed in her apartment and away from Axel as long as she could. When she woke up she told herself that she won't talk to Axel no matter what.

"Angel." Axel said again walking in front of her. Delilah pushed past him rolling her eyes.

"Delilah, why-why are you ignoring me?" Axel's voice cracked sounding like he was about to cry.

Axel walked behind Delilah looking at the floor trying to figure out what he did wrong.

Delilah didn't look back as she made her way towards her car. As she unlocked her door with her keys she opened her door placing her laptop in the passengers seat.

"Delilah." Axel said stopping behind her. Delilah got in the drivers seat closing her door.

Just as she started the car she saw Axel standing behind it holding his backpack straps looking at the ground.

Delilah got out of her car rolling her eyes.

"Move out of the way." Delilah said looking at Axel in the eyes.

"No not until you tell me why your ignoring me." Axel said still standing behind her car still.

Delilah crossed her arms glaring at Axel.

"Look how I'm I supposed to apologize when I don't even know what it's for?" Axel said his voice cracking.

Delilah stayed silent waiting from him to move away from her car.

"Wait is this about me not going to the mall with you?" Axel said taking a step towards Delilah.

"Because if it is we can go right now."

Delilah walked towards the drivers seat until she felt a hand on her wrist.

"I'm sorry, okay, I-I really wanted to go with you but Rose-"

"I don't want to talk about your dumb ass girlfriend Axel, move away from my car, and let me go." Delilah said getting annoyed for the thousand time.

"She's not my girlfriend, where did you even get that idea?" Axel said letting Delilah go.

"Her kissing you is one." Delilah said rolling her eyes. Axel ran his hands through his hair frustrated.

"Just because she kissed me doesn't-doesn't mean we're together. She thought I liked her but..." Axel trailed off looking at Delilah curiously.

"How do you know she kissed me?"

"What-what do you mean?" Delilah said cursing at herself for exposing her stalking behavior.

"We were at the restaurant when she kissed me, angel, are you...are you stalking me?" Axel said stepping closer to Delilah.

Delilah was surprised by this knowing that Axel was even nervous to wave at her.

"I-of course not, I was going to check out the place because I thought that maybe you you'd like it. I'm not a stalker." Delilah said rolling her eyes trying to convince him that she wasn't stalking him.

Axel backed up blushing a bit. He then looked down at the ground pushing his glasses up on his face.

"Oh...I just thought. Sorry." Axel said his face growing hotter.

"So...so she's not your girlfriend?" Delilah said trying to change the subject from her stalking him. Axel shook his head no still looking down at the ground.

"We...we have a class together and just happened to see each other in the library." Axel said scratching the back of his head.

Delilah felt happy about this news. So he's not cheating on me, she thought to herself.

"Oh..." They both stood there in silence, Axel looked at the ground while Delilah looked at him.

"Is that why you-you were mad?...because you thought I had a girlfriend." Axel said looking up at Delilah slowly.

"Of course not, I just thought that you didn't want to hang out with me after you rejected my request to go to the mall. I don't care if you have a girlfriend." Delilah said confidently.

"Well cool, cause I do-do like this one girl." Axel said placing his hands in his pockets.

"What?" Delilah said feeling hurt again.

"Yeah...she's-she's really pretty to me." Axel said looking down at the ground his face growing red again.

"Oh, well...whatever." Delilah said feeling herself about to cry.

"Umm...do you maybe wanna go to the movies later?" Axel said with a smile on his face.

"Why don't you ask the girl you like, I'm sure she'll be happy to go with you." Delilah said rolling her eyes and getting in her car.

As Delilah drove off she saw Axel's smile fade. He watched as the car drove off looking like he was about to cry.

Delilah did feel bad for leaving him there but she hated how he talked about other girls in front of her. She felt insulted and betrayed.